OWL needs a separate balance

OWL is the reason Sym 2.0 got deleted and Mei got dumpstered, for that reason I would be happy to see OWL die altogether.

2 Likes

Someone feels me :tired_face:

Lol I should’ve made a thread about hoping OWL dies but maybe that’s a little too harsh since OWL is OW’s primary source of income.

If OWL dies entirely, Activision Blizzard will cancel this game tbh.

Genuinely who cares how OWL is balanced? The problem is that perfect their play somehow dictates our balance is. We do not play with that level of accuracy, performance, or honestly motivation. Again, who cares about them? duck 'em!

2 Likes

OWL and ladder are so completely different that they are almost different games. In OWL you are playing with the same exact people every single game and are playing against the same people on a regular basis. The only way to make both comparable is If comp was changed so that It was only 6 stack with players on your friends list and only play against people living in your area code.

1 Like

Here is the exact reason why Symmetra was reworked…

As for Mei, well there are hundreds, if not thousands of posts of spite against her since the introduction of Role Queue. So if anything its Role Queue that Mei has been adjusted so much in the last 8 months and still remains a viable pick (I know, I use her in my Competitive games) today.

1 Like

OWL doesn’t have some of their teams playing in the same room right now. In fact some have players playing with over 200 ping.

I saw a quote from devs that said she was reworked because she was seeing no play in OWL.

Well that’s kinda because of the pandemic. In normal situations they’re playing each other in a special venue.

1 Like

So, like, is this dude volunteer or a blizzard employee? Because he seems out of touch

1 Like

Feel free to share said quote.

I’m not looking for it, it’s definitely out there though.

I believe he’s a player like us? I know you’ve told me once before Wyoming so if you could re-explain…

1 Like

True, but look at Contenders and Open Division, those are mostly online tournaments even before the outbreak. This is why Competitive Play Mode itself is not part of the path-to-pro. Even if you are bronze ranked, you can enter the Open Division tournament itself.

I maintain a catalog of all official developer statements here. I do that to ensure we do have accurate information to the statements from the devs. Now I may be wrong, but I try to cite my sources where appropriate to ensure there is no false speculation.

Honestly I hate esports in general. I think overall they drag down the quality of games for most of the community. I think games should be balanced around higher tiers of play in game and any events should be community driven. I loved the Echo tournament so much more than anything OWL has done.

2 Likes

And that is a fair opinion, but in terms of the discussion, I just don’t see any evidence of where hero balance or even changes to the rules of the game that you and I play are directly driven from ONLY the Overwatch League.

So I’ll ask you directly. Are you in any capacity being paid my Blizzard or is this a volunteer gig?

I never claimed that the devs’ sole drive was from OWL, simply that they have such a much larger priority for pros than the playerbase combined.

While I personally don’t believe and wouldn’t care if anyone at Blizzard said they care about us, it’s clear that what they do care about is what’s making them money.

Recent Mei nerfs from the experimental card are probably an example. She was already pretty meh on ladder but in OWL she was still meta. It’s seem pretty clear the extra (unnecessary nerfs imo) were done because OWL players hate Mei.

1 Like

God this is so true. Blizzard please read this.

Also please for the love of all that is holy stop making your games an absolute nightmare for yourselves to balance.

Either require a full group or make it solo Q only.

1 Like