OVERWATCH DEVELOPER POST ARCHIVES
This is a categorized archive of all relevant Communication from Blizzard Entertainment regarding Overwatch. This includes all relevant forum posts from the Overwatch Development Team, community managers, and customer service representatives from both the new forums and the old forums. This also includes any relevant Reddit posts, Developer Update Videos, News Articles, Technical Support Articles, Third-Party Interviews, etc. Basically, anything that is not in an organized place. Links to Patch Notes along with descriptions of the key changes in each patch are now included with the recent change to the website structure.
Click here to see how this Guide works
Things I will not include
- Patch Notes will not be linked here. You can find those on the official Overwatch Website by clicking here (Mainly due to how they are presented would break the most of the links every time a new patch was released.)
- Responses on the forums for violations of the Forum Code-of-Conduct unless there is relevant information that can educate the community.
- Any Blizzard representative response in the Technical Support forum, the Bug Report forum, the PTR Feedback Forum, the PTR Bug Report forum, the Looking for Group forums, or the Workshop forum unless the post contains specifically relevant long-term information related to the current state of Overwatch that can contribute to all players. Some links to common sticky posts and support articles are provided here however.
- Any Irrelevant Meme or Prank responses (yes they do have some from time to time).
- Any posts that hint or preview features or changes to the game that have now been applied in the current patch of the game. For example in 2016 and 2017, Reporting on Console was a heavily requested feature. Since that feature is now in the game, any mentions of that post are no longer included in this archive.
- Any posts that don’t specifically discuss the reasoning of any hero balance changes that have already been applied. (i.e. “Yes, we have plans for Mercy” coming soon.) However, posts that give specific reasoning to hero balance changes will be archived. (i.e. “We have no plans to revert Mercy. We are very satistified with the changes.”)
- Most Blizzard Posts regarding the game’s development in Beta, unless it is historically relevant. I don’t have direct access to the beta forums which have been shut down for years now, not to mention most posts in the Beta are irrelevant to the state of the game today.
How to navigate this guide
To keep things simple, click on the expand header to open that category to view that list of posts. Posts are organized by subject, post author, date, and source. A emoji indicates a post that is no longer available to be replied to. A emoji indicates a post that may be longer relevant to the current state of the game. A emoji indicates a post that contains highly relevant information and is a recommended read for all members of the community. A emoji indicates a post that contains information that is temporarily relevant and will likely be removed from the archives at a later date. A emoji indicates a post that may lead to “dangerous” content, the post is to denote the warning from Blizzard about such content, but be sure to not navigate to the source content in order to protect your accounts. A icon means the content can only be viewed if you have a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket (when the BlizzCon site is open and available).
Why this guide was made
I like maintaining a record of all relevant responses from Blizzard in order to answer questions to other players on these forums. I hope that by sharing this organized database, players will be able to look into past developer responses to be able to cite from when creating constructive content here on the forums. Please let me know in the comments below if I missed any relevant content (be sure to provide a link), or if I just screwed something up (I am sure I mislinked something at least once). As a Forum MVP, I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment, and while all information in this thread is believed to be correct to the best of my ability, there may be mistakes present. Learn more about the Forum MVP program here.