Owl Mercy skin refund

I hope they don’t keep giving previously paid skins for free. Like at least recolor it or something

Edit: I see where I viewed the situation wrong. For the ones who weren’t boogers about it and explained it nicely, I appreciate it:). Although I still think they should have recolored it or something bc it’s just lazy :saluting_face:

3 Likes

You wont get a refund, nothing says that something will never be free at some point.

It’s your fault, you let the FOMO get to you and bought the skin because you thought it would be your only chance - Blizzards strategy worked and they got your money.

13 Likes

They’ve already done it with Torb and now with the anniversary skins, also did it with Demon Hunter Sombra in OW1. Nothing is exclusive, not even if they use that specific word, so don’t ever buy a skin because you think it’ll never be available again. Buy it because you like it and only for that reason and only if you’re sure you don’t want to wait for the chance it might be free later.

3 Likes

Do I get a refund for both copies of Borderlands 1 and their DLC’s, both copies of Borderlands 2 and their DLC’s, and my copy of Borderlands 3 and it’s DLC when they all got released for free on Epic a few years back?

Or is that just the cost of being an early adopter and spending money when I did.

I’m leaning towards the latter.

1 Like

I think they should refund any skin they give out for free if its within the 1st year of it 1st being available. Giving out prev. paid skins is ok and normal, but i think there should be 1 year between it being paid and free.

2 Likes

Should I get the 60$ I spent back in 2016 back because OW went F2P?
They never said that this skin will never be free to obtain,you falling for FOMO is another thing entirely.

3 Likes

Lots of people out of touch with reality. And the first thing they go to is thinking we’re shills or defending Blizzard.

No one made you buy the skin OP. You spent your money to purchase the use of something that never belonged to you in the first place. You’re using it. Get familiar with how that works because this is what gaming and many other services are. Notice how most or many people don’t own physical copies of the games they play these days?

4 Likes

I don’t mind buying it early. I got it when I wanted it, and I’m happy.

I mean, exclusive just means exclusive. It doesn’t mean it will ALWAYS be exclusive. The watchpoint pack skins were exclusive to players who bought the watchpoint pack, and now they aren’t. The word exclusive does not mean forever exclusive. I don’t know what makes kids not understand english.

Yes, bordlands is exclusive to people who bought borderlands. I’m super mad that they made it f2p and no longer exclusive. THEY SHOULDVE GIVEN A DISCLAIMER

3 Likes

Don’t ever change Redkite

1 Like

It’s not that different with physical items either, companies eventually give massive discounts to get rid of them,but it doesn’t mean anyone is entitled to refunds.

5 Likes

Grow up. I bought Tracer’s Will O Wisp outfit, and it was JUST free on PlayStation. Like…oh no? Cool that some people get it for free. I wanted it when I bought it, so I paid money.

Don’t fall for FOMO if you’re gonna complain about it.

2 Likes

lol the blizzard shill squad is in full force on this thread

2 Likes

will o wisp is buyable with overwatch credits lol?

I bought it before those were readded. I bought Will O Wisp in S1.

I Peeped that too
(20characters)

Like they did with… Hmmmm… The whole game? :eye: :lips: :eye:.

:point_right: :point_left: :man_shrugging:

ah okay that makes sense

They were giving away skins that we had earned/purchased in Ow1 as well, we had to buy the game and spend hours to unlock them or purchase lootboxes. Should we all get refunds too? Obviously not.

If you purchased something because you wanted it, then you got exactly what you paid for.

We own absolutely nothing in the game. Blizz could decide to shut the servers down tomorrow if they really wanted and everything you’ve ever purchased would be simply gone. We are pretty much renting/leasing the game.

It amazes me that people are still figuring this out after so many years.

2 Likes

I just read an article on here saying they DID give people who previously bought it a refund.

So, there’s something to chew on, wouldn’t you agree?

They didnt give everyone a refund who previously got it. Only select few but it is bogus to give the skin away for free in less than a year. I didnt get one and im mad at myself for falling for it.

The only exclusive skin is the Noire widowmaker one. They have never released it again from what i know.

1 Like