OWL is not my DAD

So I see you want a dead game. If majority of your player base is not happy. They are not going to buy loot boxes. Less money = less content for the game.

2 Likes

Itā€™s literally not though.

Orisa/Sigma is still better than Reinhardt/Zarya in most situations.

Bad players are simply unwilling to adapt to changes that make a hero play differently and stubbornly force that hero as they have been when that hero was busted, get punished for it then decide that the hero has been gutted.

Brigitte, Orisa & Sigma are the biggest examples of this but it applies to almost every support & tank hero in the game that has been rebalanced.

If somewhere within gold is literally the middle of the pack of the player base. Then they are literally the average skill level lol :man_facepalming:t5:. High plat and diamond is not average. Especially diamond. Do 10% diamond sound average to you? 32% of the player base is gold. Thatā€™s literally where the average players are. Thatā€™s not an opinion. Thatā€™s a fact.

• Gold is average and the majority
  • Platinum is above average
  • Diamond is try hards hangout.
  • Master is how TF are you so good.
  • Grand Master is GOAT Nerd tier status.
1 Like

These stats are from years ago and the patches based around giving crutches for casuals created a decrease in high ranked players and pros. And Iā€™m sorry that u have to improve but having too ok think and aim is a lot more fun to learn than spamming abilities

Thatā€™s pointless and more work than it needs to be. Because those people will climb from gold when heroes are easier/different in gameplay, then drop again when they reach a level where all of that falls away.

1 Like

Most of those 86% of the player base you mentioned couldnā€™t shoot their way out of a paper bag or understand what peel, or making space means so why would we want to balance the game around them?

1 Like

Because the goal is to rank up. Why should we balance around people who donā€™t know how to play the game properly?

How about I direct you to Activision and Electronic Arts. They treat games like businesses, why is everyone pissed at them?

1 Like

Im not saying literally make a patch for every character and rank in the game.

Like separate patches for average, Good and owl players.

A certain hero example can be pharah.

• She can be too strong if buffed for average players
  • Good/decent for average players
  • Decent/trash for owl players
    Now, if they nerfed her for average players. (Again. Literally the majority of the player base)
  • Good/Decent for average players
  • Decent/trash for good players
  • Trash/dumpster fire for owl players

There are certain characters in the game that need their own separate rank patch notes. Heros like pharah will never be useful for all ranks. No one will never be happy on heros like pharah. She will be op for some. Or trash some. There is no middle ground for heros like pharah.

I would watch OWL if half the team was put in a different room with no voice chat, it would be a more relatable experience.

4 Likes

An apt basketball analogy to balancing for the average OW player would be lowering the official hoop height so the average player could dunk at will.

1 Like

Or changing the 3 point line. Or changing requirements for the number of steps before traveling.

Rein and Zarya arenā€™t played in high levels though.

Itā€™s Orisa-Sigma EVERY SINGLE GAME here.

Why shield and melee range when you can shield and range ranged

maximummmm efficiencyyyy

especially when sigmaā€™s ult sort ofā€¦ kind of works as a positional lockdown although not quite as oppressive as reins shatterā€¦

at least sigmas cant be blocked

orisa dmg boost + range makes sense + ability to shrug off speed debuffs/freezesā€¦

Makes total sense to meā€¦ + pull!

Pull them into sigmas ult and combine ults for destruction

1 Like

These stats are from last year. The stats show that the player base are casual gamers. So make the game a causal experience. Adapt to your customers. Not try make the player base adapt to you. Thatā€™s how you lose players. Thatā€™s how you get a dead game.
GM is 1% of millions of people. People are not never going to be GM. So why make the game be balanced towards GM. When no one is going to make it there anyway.

And Iā€™m sure alot people play rank for gold guns. Not the title for the ultimate try hard. Gold guns should not be only in competitive. Iā€™ll make a separate post for that. Rank should be for competitive games. Not gold gun grinding.

This is so backwards. The casual base is thriving. They dgaf about the balance, they play whatever they want. U can literally otp any character to t500. The competitive community needs a boost, not the casual base

2 Likes

So the casuals donā€™t care about getting rekt by an op character? Broken because they arenā€™t meta for the major 1% GMs. Foh.

i think itā€™s mainly because the casual audience/average audience dosenā€™t care too much about balance since they play what they want and have fun with unless itā€™s really apparent (moth mercy, brig 1.0) also if they make a seperate OW for golds / OWL they will lose a big part of the viewership because these people want to watch people play the SAME GAME at the highest levels , itā€™s why i like watching OWL anyways, if itā€™s a different game then the OW i play at diamond then thereā€™s no point watching it because iā€™ll never learn from it

You knowww that master and below doesnt care about meta they play whatever.

The issue is when you balance for lower tiers, you cant know exactly who is OP and who is not

Since you know, skill takes a bigger stance down there than hero viability, you can have a sombra rolling an entire enemy team alone in bronze if the sombra is just good.

Next to that people in lower ranks never seem to agree on who they want buffed or nerfed, because their feelings and personal prejudice affect that, instead of it being a full on balance discussion its ā€œi want this to be buffed because i like this heroā€

The reason the devs often cater to higher levels of play is because those buffs and nerfs most of the time work well for lower levels too, and when they dont people slowly start to learn to play with them, while maintaining the same rank.

1 Like

RobotWizard made a post about why