[OW2] Turn 2CP maps into Control/KotH maps

So what if they took the 2CP maps and turned them all into Control maps (aka. KotH)

Like Illios or Lijiang Tower

Just have everybody spawn at Attacker Point A spawns, and the only active control point is Control Point B.

Would be really easy “Content” without feeling like OW2 is subtracting content by removing 2CP.

1 Like

Nah

Save them for PvE

This seems like a rather clunky solution in my opinion, because I imagine there’d be a lot of nuance in how maps are designed for each particular mode that simply making them symmetrical wouldn’t really work.

I’d much rather wait to see what the new game mode is, and then see if they follow through with their supposed original proposal of remaking the 2CP maps from scratch for it.

I think that there’s not that much importance on what the map has inbetween the spawn and the area near the center.

They need to nail the center part, and maybe that needs some changes.

But the stuff along the way… not really that important.

At most if the distance between the spawn and objective is too far, they can just adjust the respawn timers up or down a bit for that.

No. KoTH is the worst game mode. “Control” is literally just a killbox skirmish with an arbitrary score attached.

Fix KoTH first by adding some layer of tactics. A moving hill or something. Anything.

Like a moving Robot that pushes the objective around?

2 Likes

Did I say a moving hill that is bound to a singular track that goes back and forth based on possession? If not, just go ahead and delete your comment.

I mean… all 2CP Maps will return to QP & Competitive in the future according to the OW2 patch notes. My guess is that they reworking / adjusting them for the new unannounced core game mode.