OW2 the end of Overwatch

So it seems Overwatch 2 will destroy Overwatch completely. In the beginning they said overwatch 1 will still be the competitive playground and where the league will reside, now everything is thrown into the garbage bin as it seems. What becomes of Overwatch 1? Are all the promises from Blizzard absolute garbage? I mean we don’t need another cod, cs, valorant crap fest do we? I mean that’s why I play Overwatch because it is far better than any other competitive fps. But that’s what all the changes I’ve seen point towards, the maps are getting much tighter (really not impressive and not even half the quality of the maps we already have), also the healing will be far less during battle and who wants to heal like this? mercy seems absolute garbage. The push mode is just deathmatch, nothing more. Then the tanks are getting changes and only one tank is in play (why, only to shorten match searches? that would be rather dumb). Why not just remove tanks and healers from the game completely. And now OWL is playing OW2 next year already but Blizzard hasn’t even ANY IDEA of how the game will look like. FANTASTIC JOB BLIZZARD! let’s hope you get it done by at least one month before the league starts so they can actually train this a little bit beforehand -.- Let’s just hope for the best, but I’m quite afraid that I’ll have to look for a different game by next year, which would be heart breaking.

13 Likes

Just yesterday I watched a Your Overwatch video where he titled it something like “OW2 plays like COD” and he was going on and on about how it was a -good- thing, and I was honestly surprised for a hot second before I remembered that being negative probably won’t get him any links or love from Blizzard.

Honestly though I’m disappointed.

The game I enjoyed at Christmas that first year was a game of interesting hero abilities, pacing, carving out space for your team etc.

Now there’s so many heroes that ruin that, it’s just ‘bum rush together’ for the most part and hope for the best. All the new heroes they’ve added, changes they’ve made, have devolved the original game from what it was playstyle wise. And I think that’s sad, because I really enjoyed the game for the first 2 years. It was solid content.

Now I can’t get a fair match for anything, each game is weird and stilted, and on top of that they’re homogenizing it to be MORE like CS and all those other generic shooter games?

Boring.

27 Likes

Only major problem so far is a support identity crisis, cause you know, a faster paced game means healing is just less impactful and some supports = primarily healers in OW, nothing exciting was shown about the support role so far, no new exciting changes, so…

I’d actually say they have a tank crisis too, because turning the tank role into ‘beefy brawlers’ will, ultimately, fundamentally, change how the game plays out. The pacing, the feel, everything will be different - which means players who actually liked the game for being Overwatch are going to be SOL as far as enjoying it goes.

The only people who will enjoy this new OW2 over original OW are the people who prefer games like CS:Go and other pew pew shooty mcshooty games, which I find frankly very boring.

7 Likes

OWL has marked the end of Overwatch because, they dont want new heroes or new content or even defensive supports to fight back against flankers like Brig.

And about OW2, making another fps shooter compared to cod and CS its horrible, then people will not remember how is OW1 in the future.

Everything is promised during development, what they deliver is a different story.

This is when I learned to manage my expectations:

Looks cool and fully immersive right? My mind was blown and I preordered immediately. What I got wasn’t what was shown and their reason? It was an “alternate universe” since the game was about that sorta thing. Never trusted trailers or development updates ever since. Wait until actual release review/playthroughs.

3 Likes

I really miss that first year of Overwatch, it was truly a magical thing.

11 Likes

It really was. I remember games on King’s Row with all the deocrations and it just felt freakin’ magical. Even games I lost it was a good fight, y’know? I don’t care much about winning, what I care about is the experience - and back then every game felt like you had a shot at winning, aside from the occasional thrower or whatever. These days I get someone with a name like ‘hardthrower’ buddied up with ‘smurfbabe’ in a match and I’m supposed to somehow win a 4v6 game because they’re throwing the match to derank and spend the entire game literally just walking into the enemy and not using their guns or abilities over and over again. Like what the hell, man? How am I supposed to enjoy that game? And now that’s my -average- experience???

Just terrible, really. This game had amazing potential.

3 Likes

and the game they will release after overwatch 2 is gonna be called “Overwatch Classic” hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

We have a literal fighting game character. This is all just typical gamer hysteria, nothing more.

I wouldn’t say ‘only major’. They’ve down-right screwed it up.

Supports are, like you said, less impactful, when their impact was limited before. There’s little reason to not pick Sombra and Zen and just delete the remaining tank. DPS are getting damage buffs, yet again, despite the fact that they need damage lowered and consistency increased.

It’s like they’re trying to find out how bad they can possibly make the game. The OW team has become the Bethesda of FPS designers.

6 Likes

I have no idea what you’re trying to convey here my dude. ‘We have a literal fighting game character’ - what do you mean? Are you saying that because the game has fighters in it, it can never feel too much like CSGo? Are you calling -me- a fighting game character?

nah i actually kinda agree with him, that’s why I wrote in my post that I might not be playing overwatch2 anymore if it really gets to a cod, cs like game

I’m surprised you still play, I had to eventually just let the game go, for pretty much all the reasons you just described. I might as well have been donning a gimp suit and whipping myself. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yes. See also: the hamster in a ball mech swinging around the map, or the flying robot that clones other heroes.

And your entire post is just standard gamer hysteria. See you on the pre-order page, bud.

Don’t care about PvP. When Overwatch 2 was announced in 2019 I promised I would only play PvP for competitive placements/rewards. Everything else… I will be just playing PvE exclusively.

how can I tell if I like it or not if I’m not gonna buy it? I have bought counter strike, would have bought valorant etc etc, yet I’m not playing these games. get it?

I mean if I’m being honest, I ‘play’ in the sense that I log in, play 1-3 games, get too frustrated and log off to play something else with my spare time, because the game just isn’t worth the frustration anymore. I like to come to the forums because having a cup of coffee and chatting on a forum is very normal to me, I’ve been online since dial up and there’s not a lot of spaces where you can just go and talk about something that isn’t majorly upsetting (and talking politics or world news this early ruins my day).

I wish the game was better, I can see the potential, and I did love it a LOT at one point in time - watched videos and pro plays to get better, downloaded an aim trainer, all this stuff that you could do to get better. Now it just feels like… a waste of time, I dunno. Big letdown, and harder to let go of.

I do play other games a lot more though; Spellbreak was fun before the game glitched and now I can neither uninstall or reinstall it (not as computer savvy as I used to be) and I like other stuff, Timberborn has been a lot of fun lately.

What an argument, from someone making a post about how the game is going to suck. When you finally figure out how logic works, maybe we can continue this conversation.

If your parameters for a ‘game like CS:Go’ is ‘must all be soldiers that shoot, identical’, then sure the game can’t be -literally- a CS:Go clone. Sure.

But what we’re talking about is more of a sliding scale, not a yes or no answer.

Overwatch, where it was originally, was not a ‘shooty game’, it was a tactical game that had shooting elements, but also lots of other things at play with the various ultimates, hero abilities etc.

The more changes, the further down the SCALE we SLIDE towards CS:Go.

So yes, you’re right in that it will never be identical to CS:Go. But that wasn’t what we were saying in the first place. We’re saying it’s headed that direction on the sliding scale, and we don’t like that, because what we valued about the game was that it was LESS like CS:Go. So the closer it gets to being like that, the less we enjoy it. See?

1 Like