OW2 Talon Agent theory: Echo’s Echo

Just a Theory:

Echo is not the real Echo

But a Talon Copy Along, infiltrating Overwatch Operations. (which explains the Dps focus kit.)

And the real Echo will appear as a plot point for OW2 as a Support hero.

Before dying somehow. (Because plot.)

(Reminder Sombra showed McCree where Echo was.)

(And would explain some inconsistencies with her backstory and kit.)

6 Likes

This is clever, but can you put it in the Lore Discussion. But yeah, sounds like a good idea!

Sombra is actually working against Talon… but also not with Overwatch. But from raw backstory it wouldnt make sense for Sombra to help DF at all.

… But why? This doesn’t really make any sense with what we were shown so far.

If you are trying to explain why she is a DPS, its the same reason why Mei is a DPS. Gameplay != Lore, and the hero needs to function for gameplay first and foremost. There is no discrepancy between her kit and her character.

4 Likes

Made to be the savior = Kit is the same kind of kit used by major end game villains of other games (aka the copy ability)

1 Like

Megaman and Kirby would like to disagree.

Now that I think of it, Echo’s backstory is very very similar to Megaman’s. Except Dr. Light didn’t die.

3 Likes

If they were overwatch heroes, M and K would likely have abilities that copy abilities.

Not ults that can copy ults. (more a villain thing)

(Also Dr. Light did eventually die, You forget the Mega-man X part of that timeline…)

What inconsistencies? She’s described as a “multirole adaptive robot” - that means she could fill any role, even Damage.

4 Likes

Did Sombra show Mccree where Echo was? when?

1 Like

It’s not confirmed that Sombra gave him the info, but it is the sort of thing she’d have access to.

She is also suspected of being the one who gave Soldier info on Reaper’s movements, since satellite images and security footage from Volskaya can be seen on the Necropolis map.

Right now it’s just a fan theory.

1 Like

I don’t understand the difference here. There are more heroic examples than just those two, like Rogue from X-Men, Peter Petrelli from Heroes, Kazuma from Konosuba, Poo from Earthbound, Taskmaster also from Marvel, Marisa from Touhou, Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear…

Its not an uncommon skill in fiction. It’s not exclusive to final bosses like Shang Tsung. I don’t see why Echo being capable of replicating an ultimate means that it has to be a villainous character. I thought of 9 heroic examples (well, 7 if you exclude Revolver Ocelot and Taskmaster) before I could think of a second other than Shang Tsung.

1 Like

Nah, but Talon or some enemy faction will likely arrange a knock-off model of Echo to be fought against.

That would be boring and predictable.

1 Like

Still it would add more personality to our trashcan.

Well Echo’s VA actually read what you said on that Overwatch heroes reading mean tweets video which you can look at it here at 4:14

1 Like

…Since it was a tweet and I don’t actually tweet… Someone actually copied and pasted that.

I tried tracking down the tweet and I found nothing so I think they also did it on the Forums too