Ow2 rushed? It's not a problem

Just so you know the workshop community was able to, for the most part, recreate most of the 5v5 we were shown literally the day after it was shown. 1 day and amatures with wonky resources were able to recreate most of what we saw. The actual professionals have ZERO excuse for behaving like they have nothing to show.

2 Likes

The forums don’t care at all about the devs as you can see from the comment just below yours. They just want their content, they don’t care about the people who make it. Unfortunately, these entitled selfish & uncompassionate gamers seem to be very common nowadays. Times have changed and it’s a damn shame.

Overwatch is a terrible PvE GAME. Is not even on “Pair” with left for dead 2 a game came 10 years ago. That is why the game will be canceled.

OW-2 should offer a mode similar to L4D2 versus 6 vs 6. To make the game more interactive. Plus they need to make a Pure FPS on the “Campaing” to make that more FUN.

Sorry dude but having a MOBA-PvE will be boring as hell.

An OW2-Campaing with “Zarya, Hog, Mccree, Ashe, Ana & zeny” can work cuz all them can “Shot” and make the game “Fun”.

Im glad on a way OW2 is canceled cuz why even bother on waste resources a game can’t beat l4d2 or WWZ in terms of fun & quality

Hence Overwatch 2 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Because it has nothing to do with the customer. If the employees are having issues with their employer then it’s generally up to them to solve the issue. The only thing the customer has is purchasing power, if the business decides to push employees to produce more then how is it the concern of the customer?

Is empathy going to solve the problem? No. It just makes yourself feel better. The demand will always be there, how the company deals with it is entirely on them. Don’t try to blame the customer for issues that are caused by the company.

2 Likes

I’m decently compassionate.

“Here, I did almost all the legwork for you”

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

1 Like

It’s either rush it out(illusionary, not like anyone here knows for a fact if they’re being rushed or crunched). Or they take their time and everyone is still mad. I don’t know what you people expect or want but 99% of the time it’s fully unrealistic. Just be happy we got possible confirmation it’s even going to release at this point rather than never. Pick your poison, rush or delay and continue to have the game stagnate. I don’t even think its being rushed either, I think they’re actually 90% done with the game as a whole.

1 Like

The only issue I can see is hero reworks, if the metro leaks were anything to go by (and they might not be) the PVP hero balancing/rework stuff was last on their plate. So their might be a hero or two that might not get their proper rework/ balancing till post release.

And in turn cause a lot more Negativity and balance issues prior to that.

It’s actually not that big a deal.

Except for Hammond. That’s going to be very controversial.

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

Well, unless they remove the AntiDive on Brig/Sombra…
Then that’s a whole cascade of nerfs to flankers.

you are outta your mind if you think they didnt get filthy rich on lootboxes

3 Likes

CC overall is seemingly going to be mostly done by the tanks(At least according to that devs), with tools like flash bang, hack, and shield bash most likely are going to be reworked as a whole.

They already were talking about sombra’s hack being changed specifically.

And they did express concern regarding the power of flankers because of this change.

All of that is TBA at the moment and only in has been talked about.

Be it that might be the issue at hand these things take time to polish out, and they might not have the time to do so.

I highly doubt any of those commenters have ever actually worked a day in their life, much less one as demanding as game development is (as an example). So it’s easy to sit back wanting content without thinking there are humans behind the content creation.

That’s the thing though, they don’t need to change too much about Hack/EMP to make it not affect tanks much.

Flashbang is free for nerfs as it’s not that strong against Dive.

Additionally, Brig/Sombra barely exist outside of high tier, so they don’t need to change that much.

All that cube crawling, drinking on the job, and evidence destruction certainly gets tiring.

1 Like

Not really the only reason why Hack specifically (emp can be it’s own thing) isn’t extreamly oppressive as it stands, is because it is mostly put in check by the second tank being able to apply damage/shielding.

but in a one tank situation, were you can just shut off all their abilities. Which is on a role that is almost entirely reliant on their abilities. As in tanks can’t really tank without their abilities, where as the likes of most dps and supports can continue what they need to even without such

Doesn’t matter they need to be balanced for OW2 not what we have now, So even if their not played now. they are without going to be an issue then, you can look back at 1-2-3 to so how oppressive sombra’s hack is in a situation with one tank.

That and if 110 points of damage ana shots are anything to go by, Brig is going to have some damage potential behind those swings.

So ya it would have to be changed drastically to prevent that.

That’s the thing though.

Imagine if EMP:

1. Doesn’t affect shieldhealth
  2. EMP duration was only 2.5 seconds against Tanks, and 5 seconds against other roles
  3. Zarya specifically, could block it entirely with a bubble (bubble currently doesn’t block the hack status from EMP)

Additionally

• Defense matrix, Kinetic Grasp, and New Hog Barrier Equivalent blocked line of sight for Hack
  • Hack duration was only 2.5 seconds against Tanks, and 5 seconds against other roles

The thing is EMP is not the issue much like Mei’s primary losing the freeze, while her ult keeps such. EMP Locking abilities even on tank is find because it is in frequent. Possibly more so in OW2 because ult charge rates seemed rather low from they showed.

Hack on the other hand needs to find a new gimmick, much in the same way other stuns or Hard none tank CC need.

I don’t think it does, if the duration is half against Tanks, and can be blocked by grasp/matrix/hogbarrier

Ya no hog is not getting a barrier, he doesn’t even seem to be on the rework chop block like Orisa seems to be. (not saying he isn’t getting some changes)

Especially when you consider that it doesn’t take much work for miss Invis to get around the increase amount of cover, to find a nice angle the one tank.

That and for Grasp and matrix to be able to block Hack, they would either have to break LOS. (Which comes with a whole host of other balance issues such as blocking hook)

Or their would have to have special rules for hack to suddenly break when one of these takes a turn.

That and the last thing the devs wan’t with 5v5 is to make solo tanking in it feel oppressive. They don’t want it to be focus down the tank and win kind of experience.

Thats primarily why Mei lost the Primary freeze, so she can’t just hard counter solo hog/ball/d.va/ insert future none shield tanks.

That’s the thing though.

Brig/Sombra barely exist outside of high tier, and don’t have “StunKill combos”

McCree/Mei, are problematic for the bottom 95% of players, and have “StunKill combos”.

As for people getting butthurt about Tanks, that’s unavoidable, and they are addressing the majority of the complaints by making it so their survival is less in duels.

But outside of duels, people are going to get butthurt about tanks regardless, and I’m perfectly fine if those people quit.

Since there’s 50x more people who care about queue times. And it’s more important to get that fixed by making sure tanks are enjoyable to play.

Pretty much all options on resolving queue times result in some amount of people quitting. Or at least that’s my understanding after looking at the issue for about 600 hours.

So as long as the amount of people quitting is smaller than the amount of people maintained/gained/regained by fixing queue times. It’s all good.

And one step further on all that, I’d say for almost anybody who thinks queue times don’t need to get fixed, because some people might get upset. I’m perfectly fine with those people quitting.
Those types of people are highly replaceable, and do not matter.