OW2 release TIME?

I’m assuming it will release October 4th 11:00 PST, but can we get official time confirmation?

Launch is two weeks away, and as a part time content creator and streamer, being able to plan for it would be beneficial to us all.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they have released that info. But, I don’t really care so I’m not going to google it for you

After ten minutes of google searching, I can’t find any confirmation of the time, just the date. Maybe I need twenty minutes or something but I can’t remember ever hearing a time.

1 Like

As if. They still refuse to clarify on their controversies. You think they listed the time servers go up? Lol :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Overwatch 1 is getting shutdown around 8 AM PT on October 3rd and the pre-release download of Overwatch 2 will follow some hours later. The downtime last for 27 hours. This means Overwatch 2 will launch on October 4th at 11 AM PT.

3 Likes

Do you happen to have an official source link for that info?

It’s probably in their best interest that not everyone tries to log in at the exact same time.

Well they could just send me a private message :sweat_smile:

I doubt they will post an official time because if they have to back down on it then it causes problems with the community. Because once you say something its do or die for gamers apparently. So it could be middle of the day or sometime in the evening if they need more time

Chances are they will probably write up some launch updates on Twitter around the time it happens. To update everyone on current progress and if they run into any hiccups.

The 27 hours shutdown time is from Dexerto + the release time is from the Overwatch 1 game client.

1 Like

This is the message what is getting displayed to players during the downtime of OW1:

We’ve taken the Overwatch servers offline temporarily as we prepare to launch Overwatch 2. Servers should begin to come back online on October 4, 2022, 11 AM PT.

Can’t wait to get started? Get equipped with the Watchpoint Pack, which includes the Season 1 Premium Battle Pass, two Legendary Space Raider skins, and 2000 Overwatch Coins—enough to pick up the Premium Battle Pass for Seasons 2 and 3 when they are released!

It’s almost time, heroes… we’ll see you soon in Overwatch 2!

1 Like