OW2 QoL Wishlist

I’ll leave the balancing of heroes/maps/competitive mode to the devs and professional players but there are some things I’d love to see in OW2 that could enhance the overall experience.

• blacklist certain maps/gametypes - Maybe limit the list to one map or gametype to prevent people from playing only King’s or whichever their favorite map is but I would love to have the freedom to eliminate at least one map that I genuinely dislike playing.

• opt out of backfilling - I’m surprised this isn’t an option in OW since it’s pretty annoying to constantly get zoned into a game that is about to end or already over (in defeat).

• spectate competitive games - Obviously put some delay to prevent people from ghosting but it would be great to watch my friends play in competitive since we can spectate them in other game modes.

• guilds - I feel like this will come about in OW2 in some capacity since I remember Jeff talking about it in the past. Would make grouping and playing with friends a lot more accessible.

• rework endorsement system - This last one is more a preference thing but I’ve always felt it was kind of counter productive to have your endorsement level decay. It should just be a static number of X amount of times you’ve been commended for Y reason whether it is shot-caller, good teammate or sportsmanship. Sorta like how CSGO has it.

Anyways that’s my TL;DR wishlist for OW2 - anyone else have anything they’d like to add or remove from this list?

1 Like

They can’t if they ever want games to fill. Everyone will turn it off, and those who don’t, will just backfill non stop. Punish the quitters. Not everyone else.

On board with the other changes.

1 Like

Please, please allow us to turn on the spectator/PvE team party status panel. It would be really nice, and I don’t know why it isn’t an option in the same way that having health bars above allies is. The functionality is clearly there already.

In fact, turn it on for OW1.

Did someone say… QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES?!?
IT’S TIME- TO SPAM YOU WITH MY MOST ELABORATED POST, THE ONE AND ONLY, THE HUGE QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES MEGATHREAD! (feel free of including your ideas in the thread too please)
Structured as clean as I could, including video footage and screenshots and lots of community feedback! Please feel free of checking it out!

1 Like