OW2 needs Practice vs AI

Please don’t forget this essential feature. It is a great mode to mindlessly kill and chill without toxicity or stress.

GLHF

PS - Please add a harder mode as well. TY

12 Likes

And since they increased AI heroes, this is more important than in OW1.

4 Likes

No, l2p
20 char
NO MERCY FOR DA WEAK

1 Like

lazy2play

yes, lol. that is me :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

In all seriousness, they’ll most likely add an AI mode.
It would be pretty weird if they didn’t, every single game has it iirc.

5 Likes

you have quick play and custom games that are great for practice, youre not getting any real practive vs ai i just dont even see how itd be fun but to each their own

1 Like

You are as someone new to the game, because it lets you get used to controlling characters and using their abilities in a zero-stress environment.

4 Likes

:+1:

yeah i learned every hero in quickplay just leave chat and mute everyone, even if youre playing good people will say youre bad, you just gotta mute ppl in this game or theyll ger under your skin and youll get your acc perma banned for “toxic chat” like me lol

1 Like

You have to pay attention and focus and try hard in those pvp modes. You need to hear the game sounds, you can’t have music blasting, you can’t be distracted, you can’t be on an unrelated discord call at the same time, you have to play well to avoid getting flamed or even just knowing that you sucked and you’re the reason the team lost is enough to make the game experience upsetting.

If you’re a mercy main or a rein main who doesn’t get to play dps much because of queue times or the aforementioned pressures, you can just play vs ai and pick widow or mccree or whatever dps and play, and you don’t have to worry about being bad or causing your team to lose. Same for DPS players trying out support or tank.

It’s a mode where there’s no pressure, no stress, no seriousness, and very little toxicity (though not totally free of it, there are bad apples everywhere).

It’s the only mode where I feel comfortable playing as Reinhardt or any tank because I know my poor tank skills in any pvp mode will result in losing the game. Guaranteed. But in vs AI I can just spazz out on rein, have fun, do stupid, risky charges etc. It’s not really about improving, it’s not even really about practice. It’s just about getting a chance to use the heroes and have fun with them without worrying about the outcome of the game.

9 Likes

true bots kinda a** ngl

2 Likes

you care too much about under performing. nobody cares in quick play. mute anyone that does

1 Like

I can’t mute myself and I’m the one who has to sit there and know I’m the reason we lost. And unfortunately people do care in QP. Losses affect winrate. It affects your MMR. And I really don’t want to risk my account getting reported because I wanted to play Mei or Symmetra or Bastion. So why bother with all that when there is a mode where I can go play those heroes, and play them poorly, where it truly doesn’t matter?

4 Likes

At the same time, every player queueing AI is a player NOT in your Competitive or QP queues, which are the lifeblood of the game.

Seeing as queues are abysmally long, I could 100% see them consolidate every game-mode to funnel as many players as possible into their “Big 3”.

Role Queue Comp, Quickplay, and Open Queue.

Since they’ve allegedly spent 3 years working on a PVE campaign, I could see them removing AI for the launch of OW2 so they can funnel more players into their queues which are suffering.

Yes it needs 100% a vs ai mode.
First you can learn the mechanics of heros without pressure.
Secondly you can practice Teamwork in a limited way.
Thirdly you can just goof around.

It is one of my favorit modes.

2 Likes

Not only does it need a vs AI mode, but it needs full multiplayer support.

I liked the mode in OW1 and was unhappy when they took out multiplayer vs AI. Yes, I know it’s technically possible to create custom games vs AI, but I want to just be able to click one button and be on a team a human players against a team of AI.

Multiplayer vs AI shouldn’t mandatory; if I want to be the only human in the game, that should be an option too.

2 Likes

You wont get banned and you are literally overthinking like a 12 tear old you can do anything in quick play STOP GIVING A ( )

I am with Trilly on this one.
You dont want to be a “burden” to your Team.
Also it is more fun to learn without getting wreked.
If you know the Basics of a Hero you can use it better and it feels better. Some chars require more skill to begin with like Genji and you get the feel for it with vs way better.
And those Heros arent fun to play without some stress free form of learning them.

4 Likes

Most people just practice on quickplay, youre making it out to be something its not