OW2 is using the wrong GPU

@Nicole,
I think what eurieus is saying is that the issue also happened in OW1 (before 2 came out).

Is there any way to submit a ticket for this issue? This seems to be widespread.

Same thing is happening for me. Overwatch is choosing to use integrated Intel CPU graphics rather than RTX 3070. The monitor OW is on is plugged into my 3070; a second display that OW is not on is plugged into the integrated graphics port. Overwatch is forcibly using the integrated graphics for a monitor that’s not even plugged into it. This has repeatedly caused flickering black screens during matches, triggered the voltage alarm on my UPS, caused the game to crash with “rendering device lost” error messages, and has even gotten me banned from competitive for the season because my game crashed too often mid-match. I’ve tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work.

the problem started back in OW1, it would use the wrong card, it was uninstalled, waited for OW2, installed it, and the exact same problem is happening, that’s what i meant.

the nvidia control panel is no longer used for this, use the windows prefered gpu settings instead.

tenforums. com/tutorials/103965-set-preferred-gpu-apps-windows-10-a.html

3 Likes

This setting only affects OpenGL and Vulkan, it does not affect D3D which OW uses.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.