OW2 is gutting Junkrat's main tool of utility/counterplay?

In fact, I know exactly what they’ll do.

“Rein’s earth shatter locks you in place for one second, but doesn’t throw you to the ground… just stunning you for the duration after the cast because we felt it was too powerful as is”

8 Likes

I know bro you wack included it in his latest video, no idea where he heard it from though.

2 Likes

This is good for now but I would love to see if there’s some sort of document or list of all changes

1 Like

Source? “Some youtubers”? There are millions of youtubers. Drop a name. Drop a video. Drop a twitter link. Drop literally anything.

“some” isn’t helpful, and it definitely isn’t believable.
I heard “some people” say that Tracer is being buffed in OW2, I guess it must be true.

1 Like

Conc mine is junk’s main utility.

Trap is just a set up for funny moments.

1 Like

Actually that was Mei, and this circus all started since May PvP livestream

At the very least they should give it the hack treatment and make it root for 1 second and slow for 2-3. It seems crazy for it to not stop people at all.

1 Like

Wait what, when did this come up?

1 Like

It mainly came from this video at 0:40 by Stylosa which he mentioned that he was given the full patch notes on the build that the pro players have played which he isn’t allowed to share the full patch notes which he only gave out a few including Brigitte, Mercy and Winston. The one that Bro You Wack dropped recently regarding Junkrat wasn’t heard of until now in that video he put out today.

EeveeA even put out a tweet saying that she had the opportunity to talk to the Overwatch developers regarding this.

6 Likes

Was the trap really an issue?

I could see nerfing the mine, which I wouldnt want, because of it’s combo potential…

but the trap?

I am having doubts about the validity of this, it makes no sense.

6 Likes

is it just for them or did someone leak them

Thank you. This is much more useful than what I had previously.

What is the tradeoff? What if you are getting a longer period of trapping, more oppurtunities to trap, and an easier time trapping in exchange for the loss of the rooting property?

I need to see both sides of the coin rather than turn a blind eye to the good

Exactly why it’s one of the dumbest abilities in the game. I don’t want to be examining the floor when I’m in a fast paced shooter. Also stuns in ow are insanely strong and it’s a death sentence most of the time even for just a second. Changing many stuns to slows will make the game better and more skill based.

It’s criminal having to mind your surroundings. Just wanna pewpewpew my brains out with no consequences.

Yes, this is dripping with sarcasm.

14 Likes

So they actually removed a CC and didn’t chicken out like Hack or Sleep?

Good news. Now I want see what happens with Flashbang, hope’s up.

2 Likes

More like God forbid you have to aim at a slow moving target rather than one that stands still for 10 seconds. Current game is care bears giving people kills for doing nothing. Sorry throwing a trap on the ground isn’t skill and you don’t deserve a free kill for it. OW2 is going to be more skill based.

It’s so blatantly obvious you’ve never played Rat.

At least not against intelligent players.

4 Likes

No idea

Removing iconic freeze from Mei is a mistake as well.

3 Likes

Iconic? I guess unique to that character in this game but not really an iconic thing outside of this game. It’s only going to be removed from her primary and no one likes facing it and it was hard to balance around.