OW2 is a bad competitive game

There’s way too much out of your control and the game does not reward you enough for good plays. It’s a large part of why this game is so toxic. Overwatch is the only competitive game where you can play your best game ever and lose.

If you look at Apex for example, you don’t have to get first to get rewarded, the game gives you rank points for getting kills and for placement. Placing 8th is still positive. In overwatch, the outcome can only be 100% positive or 100% negative apart from the rare draw which just ends up feeling like wasted time.

Valorant every kill is far more impactful and individuals have far more carry potential.

Mobas you become stronger with every kill so kills are extremely rewarding.

In overwatch getting a kill just gives you ult charge but so does doing damage, so does shooting a massive tank hitbox, so does holding left click to auto aim heal. Ult charge is given to everyone for everything so a skilled player really doesn’t get much for popping off, especially when anyone can swap and make your ult useless like if you play dva get ult and then they switch to zarya, now you’re better off swapping and trashing your ult than risking zarya benefiting from your ult.

In overwatch too many losses feel like they all come down to one mistake. You play good the whole match, then someone makes a bad switch and enemy team snowballs and wins. And the solo tank has really increased these situations.

And on top of all this, the ranked system itself has so much predictive garbage that climbing becomes more about what the systems opinion of you is than how you’re actually playing, such as someone gaining 15% for wins and losing 25% for losses, or “uphill battle” and “expected” when those predictions have like a 40% accuracy at best. We all know we’ve played many games that expected us to lose and we steam rolled the enemy or expected us to win and we got steam rolled. There’s also obviously a winners queue and losers queue. Don’t believe me? Compare your win and loss streaks in overwatch to any other comp game. Overwatch is almost nothing but constant win and loss streaks because the system is always trying to push you up or down through matchmaking… like I said, it’s all about the systems opinion of you.

And how do these devs think it’s okay that tanking is becoming so swap oriented that people are doing predictive swapping where they play zarya for 1 team fight and then switch to Ram because they predict you will counter their zarya with Rein. Swapping is just getting out of control you might as well code in mystery heroes swapping to the tank role it would ACTUALLY make playing tank more fun.

I’m not saying overwatch ranked should function like these other games, but they could make changes to make it more enjoyable and reward the individual more for playing well. You can start with leaver loss protection if someone leaves on your team, just disable it for groups so people can’t abuse it.

I play Apex far more now, better game better community. Overwatch has just become far too frustrating and annoying for it to be worth my time and you really see that reflected in the toxic community.

If people were having fun they wouldn’t be so toxic. People get toxic because they get mad. Having fun doesn’t make anyone mad. I actually feel like the majority of this community is ego driven people that feel they have something to prove to other ego driven people. They aren’t playing cause it’s fun, they’re playing so they can show everyone how good they are and tell everyone else how bad they are.

“You can play your best game ever and lose” and then you proceed to use MOBAs as a counterexample? MOBAs are the epitome of “you may have won your lane but the other 2 got stomped and so gg, but you have to stay in for another 7-8 minutes and hope your team surrenders otherwise itll take another 25 for the game to actually end and again there is nothing you can do to fix it”.

I just cannot believe you are honestly suggesting MOBA games as a counter to the idea of player impact. The same with Apex to a lesser extent. Its just funny to me as though you just read about those games and never actually played them.

1 Like

More was out of your control in 6v6. 5v5 affords more player agency.

1 Like

That’s not gg. May be gg for you but not for me. Winning your lane rewards you greatly, and also it’s not just about playing your lane and ignoring your team. Good players help the other lanes.

Well I played league for many years before overwatch and just hit 1k hours in Apex. Sounds to me like your ego is very attached to overwatch so these posts offend you. You don’t need to put up a fight because people like other games better. Just let it go.

Not for tank. You also have to take into account that OW1 had better matchmaking so I’m not even sure that’s true. It’s at least true for dps after passive addition. The switch from 6v6 to 5v5 only gave each player 3.33% more control over their team so it’s miniscule and not all what it was cracked up to be by the devs.

Its been shown to be gg for LCS players playing ladder so either you are the greatest LoL player the world has ever seen or you are talking about how if you are smurfing you can still win which is funny because having an overwhelming skill advantage that could only be caused by smurfing paired with a massive lead is about the only way to fix it. Alternatively you are talking about the one time in 100 you actually pulled it off and hold every lobby hostage because of that one time. There is a reason even great players cannot do what you suggest.

Your post does not bother me so as much as your lying about reality. There is a reason good players can often know when a game is over 10-15 minutes in because one player screwed up and if you 2 lanes just massively screw up early you cant fix it. Then there is Apex which I am convinced you either do not play or do not play well.

My “ego” is such that if someone is lying about reality I am going to call them on it and that is what you did.