[OW2] I'm afraid of December 6th, and this game's future

They already said Ramattra will be at 55 as well in some interview.

I just don’t think this is going to be a big enough issue for them to budge, not unless one of these heroes becomes must-pick. More dedicated players will buy the battle pass anyway, and casual players can still try out the new hero in arcade modes. Most people go back to one tricking their main within a few days anyway.

2 Likes

Well, with season 2 they are going to make a very serious marketing mistake, giving the mythical skin to an unpopular hero with few skins… this is a tremendous mistake, you are going to lose a lot of sales, the ideal is to give the skins first mythical to the popular heroes (you encourage the purchase of the battle pass and attract users) and then when you already have a base, to the rest of the heroes.

Don’t be afraid. The game is great & successful and will continue to be so unless they change course dramatically from what they are already doing. Yeah there have been issues along the way but nothing major. Every little issue just feels like it is major and blown up because the minority of trolls and doomers dominate the internet dialogue. This is because the vast majority that are satisfied are not going to engage in public discussion when the unhappy few are just going to reply with trolling, negativity, aggression and hostility. That is is a waste of time and effort because you’re never going to change their mind. A Blizzard rep recently posted that the forums represent less than 1% of the players.

It’s ok that Blizzard ignores dissatisfied players. The problem is that Blizzard took away from players who find OW2 unplayable - the game they paid for. OW1. I paid for the OW game and I don’t have this game. That’s just a fact. I feel robbed.

15 Likes

Lmao you didnt pay for overwatch 1 loool. You paid for a limited licenze lol

1 Like

They also said that existing players will need to verify their accounts with cell phone numbers.

And then backpedaled, hard, when the reality of that decision set in.

Just getting a bit frustrating telling them, “Please don’t shoot yourself in the foot, do this instead.”.

And then they shoot themselves in the foot, squander more marketing hype potential, lose more community good-will, and end up doing something similar to what I suggested in the first place. (And then do a sloppy job at communicating that the fix even exists)

Like why do they need to begin the process of losing 10-20% of their playerbase before they fix obvious problems.

5 Likes

I think the queue times issue is over blown. Of course a new character is going to make the queues look crazy; that’s natural and something to expect in in a game like this. It’d only be an issue if his launch permanently breaks something for some reason.

I don’t think the queue problem is something you can fix since its a popularity issue, you know?

That was a bug fix. He used to get more attack speed than intended, now he gets the same bonus as everyone else.

Heh, isn’t that even kinda worse in a way. 0 actual balance changes until almost 2 months after the game launched?

Why do you think this? That’s not what happened in season 1.

I hope they tease a hero and surprize with another hero in a season, cause i dont like full leaks of everything when there is going to be a content drop would like some mysticism in the release content

I’m personally pumped for the date. I wasn’t that hyped for Mauga for whatever reason. So seeing Ramattra is amazing. Pumped to try him out and hear dialogue between him and the others. And I’m excited to see more mythic skins and battle pass progression. And it drops at such an ideal time too. So pumped!

One of the OWL in an interview already confirmed that the following mythical skin on Season 2 was for an unpopular hero with few skins…

Incredible you typed “like” that much. I’m impressed.

Nothing a questionable balance update can’t change.

I’m more concerned by what ramifications Rammatra will have on queues.

Like, tank queues will definitely skyrocket while people test him, but if that Verge article I skimmed last night to see him is right his nemesis form is apparently really good at getting in backlines and is scary for more vulnerable heroes.

That sounds like a flanker tank. I’m not sure the Support queue will survive a flanker tank.

1 Like

Yup, that’s certainly a big concern…

You’d think think they’d have more hype going for the Support role than “We’re gonna nerf Flankers a bit”.

Tbh I’m not that worried. Could they be doing more for OW2? Yes. But the changes they made to OW2 already make it better than OW1 ever was post RQ imo. Even if they make slow balance changes I expect OW2 to have a very healthy player population. And at the end of the day that’s all that really matters.

Sauce? I have a hard time believing one of the unpopulars is getting a mythic skin before 2077

Indications are that Rammatra has some sort of “grounding” ability that (at the very least) forces flying heroes to land, but potentially “Grounds” heroes by making it so they can’t use mobility moves.

This is from the images they showed, which had the icon indicating a “grounding” effect and highlighted the ability being used on Tracer, Pharah, and Echo specifically.

It’s honestly hilarious how their justification for heroes in the BP is that they are “moving away from counterpicks” and then they keep releasing heroes that are DIRECT counterpicks (and, if this theory is correct, a direct counterpick to hypermobility, which is currently dominating the game).

4 Likes