OW2 High Ping - Random Ping Problem

Since Overwatch 2 launched, I haven’t been able to play properly because of high ping problems (around 1100ms), which seem to be random. This means I don’t know what games are going to be laggy and which ones I’ll be able to play.
When connecting from my phone’s hotspot, my ping is relatively high (200ms) but still playable. I’ve tried connecting through cable directly to the router (as I usually use a mesh on my house), trying to play on different computers and rebooting my router several times. Nothing has solved the problem.

It’s important to mention that I also tried various solutions I’ve found, like troubleshooting my firewall configuration, optimizing my internet connection, updating my drivers and operating system, IP release, renew and flush DNS, setting my DNS manually and a diagnostic tool (WinMTR) I found on a forum, but I don’t really understand the results.

I’m starting to think it’s my WIFI, because even playing with my phone’s internet is “better”, but it’s weird because I didn’t have the problem during Overwatch 1, and I don’t have it right now with anything else. Every other game or internet related thing works fine.

1 Like

I had the same issue but I realized Blizz put me on east coast servers instead of west coast (where I live), which caused high ping. I’ve been using a vpn to get back on west coast and haven’t had ping issues since.

is there any way to set the server without a vpn? I’m not looking to buy one tbh

I found this way but I haven’t tried it myself. Some ppl said you may experience disconnecting and the IPs sometimes change.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, but from reading it it seems if I “ban” a server IP, it may connect me to another region. For instance, the post says they banned north america, and they got connected to paris. Maybe there’s another solution?
I have been looking for the specific servers that are causing me lag: I identified gen1 and gue4, but can’t really find where those servers are located. When I get connected to ord1 (Chicago) or lax1 (Los Angeles) I don´t get the high ping. So it seems that the issue is indeed the server that OW is connecting me to. Ill keep looking for a solution

hi everyone i have a problem which i get terrible ping in overwatch which makes me rubberband teloport see other teloport and i have good wifi as i get 6ms on other games. what should i do

Yeah, sometimes my ping is a reasonable number. Other times it’s four times higher, or more. I’m using an ethernet cable, not really running anything else. But my ping is still high enough that my invincibility skills, my teleports, my walls, etc. They go on cooldown, but I die anyway. Sometimes rubber banding off the map, and it’s a bit absurd.

Same problem here, how can I fix that?

i have the same problem

Try UU Game booster(not adv)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.