OW2 has over 50 million active users

it’s actually hilarious like, 50 MILLION active users and youre still struggling with basic matchmaking?
small indie company with small indie devs btw

No, im not making stuff up, but you should read my statement a second time.
I talked about Blizzard not ABK.
Yes ABK had a MAU of 356 mio but thats split across three companies.
King had the biggest share with 238 mio, then is Activision with 92 and at last Blizzard with only 26 mio MAU.

https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/activision-blizzard-announces-second-quarter-2023-financial

3 Likes

One guy with five accounts ='s 5 active players, no matter how often he logs in.
Deceptive Blizzard numbers. Another reason why they will never do anything about smurf accounts. Screw this game.

5 Likes

26 sign, stil counting, simcards only cost 0,99, also hooked on steam btw them accounts:D

The tweet says “active users,” not “monthly active users,” so I presume you’re on the correct track here. It is probably a measurement of how many people logged into the game over a particular period of time (possibly even the number of users who have logged in at all since OW2 launched).

3 Likes

yep, the timeframe and the definition is missing. Afaik Blizzard counts everyone as an active player even if you only briefly log into the game, to view a skin or something but don´t play a match.

6 Likes

This is with pretty disgustingly long queue times for such a situation.
And it’s been even worse since the holiday period, which was to be expected but the problem has persisted…with queue times getting consistently worse despite this. Clearly someone is telling porky pies and we all know who that is! Hint: which dev team consistently lies and expressed disdain for its player base?

1 Like

The F2P model boosted the player base, across every system available.

And that number will be much bigger, when Microsoft brings OW to mobile.

Yes, that’s something MS is planning.

1 Like

bronze and masters is a bit of and exaggeration but plenty of times me (plat) and my friend (gold) duo and get put against master, gold and masters should still not be happening ever, why cant i duo with my masters friend but get placed against masters players

This is not a definitive claim for active/concurrent players. This number has been thrown around since early OW1 days.

iirc they count the number of actives users “Very loosely” as in if you even launched the game once, you will be counted as an active player regardless of if you actually played the game or not.

That company is definetly getting sued by Nintendo in the future.

Oh man, I think this would be the first Steam would have to give “refunds” to anyone that bought the game at THIS scale,a lot of people bought the game.

Not the same case like Gollum, cuz people reviewed it and everyone know it sucked day 1, and not that many people bought it.

Seems like everyone’s playing Palworld. My favorite thing about it is working with all of the Pals to build things. There should be a pokemon game like that, right?

Side note: When I first played, literally 5 minutes into the game, I saw a Mammorest and threw a legally distinct Palsphere at him. I had 0.07 percent chance to catch him, but it worked.

Wow, that’s really impressive luck.

You’re going to need receipts, and plenty of them.

Especially as you brought some for “50 million active users” (which isn’t concurrent as that’s much more relevant to your point, but whatever) yet absolutely nothing for the other stuff.

1 Like

I had someone watching me play, and when I aimed the sphere I said “Wouldn’t it be great to just toss this thing and get a 0.07 chance…”, but I let go by mistake and just caught it. I failed to catch one of those pink cat things before, but somehow managed to catch this thing.

Also, I realize I shouldn’t be saying that without some sort of proof, so here’s a screenshot of it in my party: ht tps://imgur.com/a/jMgv9JQ

I don’t think I can show the exact odds as I wasn’t recording, but clearly a level 34 Mammorest this early on is impressive on its own.

1 Like

The 50 million players is a misconception. That was what this guy accomplished from marketing in the first year of OW2. He was stating the active users at launch which his marketing brought in. They lost almost all those players in just a few months. The current player base is nowhere near that. Based on available data from steam charts, Google trends, and twitch views, you can’t get exact numbers but you can make a pretty reasonable estimate of around 30-50k current players.

Source “…trust me bro”.
First prove that happened, second … prove that is “common” (good luck with that one).

Exactly.
I mean, unless you are playing using VPN at 2am somewhere, that is unseen.
There are many streamers on masters and GM and NEVER, ever, saw a clip of that happening. Not saying it didn’t happen, but saying it did and providing ZERO evidence is worth nothing.

1 Like

I had Bronze support in my Diamond game. The dude literally said in the chat why he was there. The other one I had a new tank player also in Diamond. And this one I saw on streaming, a Diamond support playing against OWL pro players. This should never have happened, but for the sake of queue times they put anyone in these lobbies.

Proof? There are a lot of proofs if you read this forum weekly. Even if I post many screenshots here, anyone would gaslight saying that all this is just hallucinating on my end.

1 Like

So hanzo is still chasing you huh across games :grin:

Also is it a good game or just a fad like most of the games nowadays.

Also the only survival game i have played before is stalker.