OW2 has killed Doomfist

Please, @Blizzard, read that post.

90% damage resistance is weak? You must be trolling
Also fully charged punch launches enemies farther and stuns them when they hit walls

Like doom is scary now you can’t just ignore him and hide

Because no off tank
And he is beffy enough to survive focus fire and stuns

His primary fire now recovers faster
And even with the damage nerf still two shots squishies when you hit your shots

He has the potential to outplay any tank

3 second cd on punch allows him to play keep away vs rein
Use power block for fire strike and when he closes the distance
Or even better run circles around him and murder his backline

Winston bubble can be anoying to fight around but again punch every three seconds to keep him off your team while they burst bubble

Zarya is kinda tricky she has to activate bubble early to avoid the punch and you want to bait her bubbles and then punch so a bit of a mind game

Sigma has rock but then again dive character hides until he is ready to engage and burst the bunker

Hog is still kind of a joke this meta I see him more but he feels like someone that thrives on people not understanding the matchup and failing to focus him down
But when they do he crumbles under the presure of most tanks with the right backline

Dva IDK I don’t see her too much despite hearing she is strong but they both can bother each other so I don’t think it’s losing for doom

Orisa is uncertain but I think they are even
Orisa can struggle to get a doom off her team and doom can struggle to deal coordinate engages around the immortal orisa
I see doom stomp orisa I stomp doom on orisa I see orisa stomp doom I stomp orisa on doom
Think it is truly just a skill based matchup

If I forget any tanks lmk also
I don’t believe doom is broken
Just that if played well he has the tools to fight most tanks

1 Like

The song of every doomfist main that played him for the sole ability of “I’m so awesome” one button instant kills.
Sorry you don’t get your one button smash anymore and are too lazy to learnt he new kit, but I’ve been in plenty of matches in OW2 already being dominated by a doomfist who learned how to use this version of him, and they have been untouchable.

3 Likes

it hasn’t been, the hamster ball is amazing, thing flies around the map like a bat out of hell.

uses big words still says nothing.

practically everything in life can be likened to a game.

A goal with actions limited by set rules, with consequences or failure conditions called losing.

Of course games can be hard -_-

1 Like

Its not that his new version is objectively bad, and its not even that his damage and kill potential is gone, its that they changed his fundamental moveset and the skills needed for it, the most mechanically complex moveset that players spent the last 5 years learning.
Made a somewhat popular post about it here to try and help non-doom players understand.
They Destroyed Why People Played Doom (And How To Fix Him) - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

#saveCreativeDesignDPSDoomfist!

(…and if you relly have too #makeDoomTankhisolderBrotherIfYouCantLetDoomwinstonGo)

2 Likes

I agree tank fist should be a separate character
#makeDoomTankhisOlderBrother
#saveCreativeDesignDPSDoomfist!

2 Likes

The only real big problem I have with tankfist is that his block doesn’t block sleep dart so dumb. I didn’t even play him, I was the ana, and I still thought it was utter bs.
He can stop bullets but not a little dart? come on

Jeeez, thanks for the spoiler

OW2 may have an almost completely different kit but I for one enjoy this kit more and find that this new playstyle of a frontline bruiser is far more fitting for the big boss of Talon than some backline assassin. no game devs will ever be able to please everyone but this rework will make the hero a lot more fair to play against and will make some Doomfist players like myself just as happy if not moreso, so the way i see it, the more people who cry and quit the hero the faster my Q’s will be

Power Bloc–slept
Power Block–hook
Power Blo–Orisa Spear
Powah Bloc–literally hecking ignore doomfist

giving a momentum based character a “I’m a sitting duck” ability is just a bad idea, it’d be like giving a generalist anti-dive character an auto-aim 1-shot–oh wait…

Reworking Doomfist, a super creative Hero (Not like braindead heros like Mcree, Eco, Soldier, Ash) is a big Mistake. Its like u destroy the only creative heros that people with bad aim can use, just to apease the majority of salty hitscan players that want the top 500 Rank to exclusively be Mcree, Tracer, Eco, Ash usw.

#Dont Change Doomfist Into a Winston clone that jumps and shoots, its boring and Dps Doom is insanely fun and well designed!

He was so creative and fun, high risk, high reward. Relly beautiful Hero. Now he is a bland winston clone that jumps without any skill or brain 1000000000 meters lands on you just shoots and boobs you and then blocks…

That was the worst rework i could have imagined.

Ive spend hundreds of hours in Doomfist Parkour and it was sooooo fun to play him, even if he wasnt that op and most people would just play hitscans, as you would expect from shooter players.

Overwatch was supposed to be a tiny bit different, yes have hitscans, plenty hitscans, but have some few fun, creative heros for that people that did not nolife bland shooters 24/7. I played world of warcraft, starcraft, Diablo, I was faithful to blizzard, i trusted them that they wont just rework every hero i like, but then the hitscan gang, and the mercy mains that did not know how to godjump came in and just annihilated one of the best designed most fun heros, just because they could not play him and died when they did, because contrary to there propaganda how overpowered and 0 counterplay he was (and how bad and you needed to switch tohitscan NOW! soldier/mcree imeadiately at the same time) they would always die because they did not play with the game, they thouth u can just fly in a rollout and dive and kill someone but they died every time, and even if they got the kill they died, making it a trade while doom needed a setup.

They did not realize you need to engange exactly with your team, switch up your positioning constantly, be aware of hitscans flanking that can kill you (even in the air) if they see you early enought in about 1 second 100-0.

They did not train cusom maps, and experienced how fun it was to choose from 100 diffeent spots, memorized bounces to get to highground and being mobile. All they did was walk in a deathball and shoot at anything that moves, while sitting behind a shield.

They could not win by just walking forward and aiming and clicking so they realized they are more. And they just formed a gang, and killed a hero many people spend 1000 of hours and communitys of Parkour players, streamers, little Doomfist channels that showed how to complete Doomfist Parkours. And then eventually they started to win a bit and the mercys and hitscanns that could not just say that doomfist is a troll character but aktually had a fair match on ther hand acted.

Because if we know one thing its people dont play fair. Especially 2 braincells no brain all aim Hitscan players. They have no backbone, they have no mercy, and they saw there 2 strategy plan “Switch hitscan good aim and switch phara mercy” not win every single game, so they just disallowed it.

Its like in medival times where people where just not allowed to compete, people that invented things and wehre creative reportedly killed, like the romans killed the first glass inventors and a steamengine like device. The braindead people dont want fun challenging competition, they played bland shooters there hole life, and they will destroy anything that does not guarantee there unchallenged superiority.

They die in game, they dont adabt like the many doomfist players did that died many times, but did not give up, throw or gang up against other heros, no they PRACTICED, put in the work. Put in more hours. Made custom games, had fun. We were social. We did not kill other people’s heros just because we got owned. We understood that this is not how competition works.

We had fun, even if we lost even if it was hard, and some became top 500 it is doable. But no now they want to limit tanks, because its not a hitscan. Make it 1 tank and remove as much cc and anything that is not aim as possible. Lower the number so teamplay is less of a factor.

Just make overwatch more into what all the other shooters are. Shooters not much more. Creativity not allowed. Ur hero practiced for 5000 hours? Love it? Gone. Sorry, we dont like it and we are in the majority.

Tomorrow they will unite against ur favorite hero, maybe then u realize that leaving things to the whim of the majority is not how a lasting community is created. We needed a constitution that protects the few from the whim of the salty brainless all aim no brain majority.

Ur rights are gone doom people ur nothing, u will now be a winston that shoots, may your aim decide your faite. Join the gang or be eliminated. Ur fun is not allowed ur hero means nothing.
Anyone can be harvested, mei players u might be next, or sombras, widos better not play too well in your games or the gang will come for you.

Overwatch will become another basic shooter clone, bland and soulless.

This rework, is unconstitutional. #NoRework Dps Doomfist 2017 - 2022 R.I.P.

REST IN PIECES

2 Likes

sure that’s part of it, but a lot more of it was just the flow of the character, and you simply cannot argue doom was op by the end of ow1. A lot of doom players are upset because this change removes a lot of skill expression in movement that they put many hours into perfecting. I once read a post saying that you couldn’t rework tracer because many players had spent a lot of time learning and perfecting her. why shouldn’t the same be true here?

2 Likes

God I hate Doomfist bros.

Completely agree. I’ve tried to sum it up here to help non-doom players understand
They Destroyed Why People Played Doom (And How To Fix Him) - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Aber the cc thing, just lower or remove his cc. Just make it like a lucio boop (tankfist has boop anyway) and then people can try to kill people in that boop/upercut. That would remove the cc, keep his high skill super fun parkour potential and the hitscans can just shoot him even easyer because they are just booped. Its like a reaper but more flashy and fun for the doom player.

Who likes a reaper to 2 shot or headshot kill them after a quiet flank? Noone. Do we remove reaper? No. Who likes tracer 1 clip you or mc 3 shot you because you stayed in the open for 1 second too long? No many but thats part of the challenge. I dont think cc is at the core of doom. More the time based abilitys that you have to use to cross the map + engage at the right time. And flying in its just a cool playstyle a alternative for people that do not have the best aim, or the patience of just precise clicking.

Those heros have a high skill ceiling, doom has it because its super hard to do many bounces and remember the spots while also thinking about ur team and enemy positioning. Tank doom just takes most of the challenge.

A winston jumps and then makes a bubble.
Tank doom jumps and then makes a b…block.

Dps Doom is a fighting hero like its out of street fighter and made into a fps hero. Give the guy that designed him a big golden medal. :medal_sports: :medal_military: :1st_place_medal:

Okay how about this: Compromise: Make him super hard to aim and only people with super great aim will be able to execute after his rollouts AND basically nerf into the ground or remove his aktually stuns. They nerfed them before but i would be fine to increase the challenge once more.

So you guys have:

1. You would dominate the ladder → Doom would only be somethimes played or by super hard working very skilled people. So you win the games mostly.
  2. He has basically no CC solving the hole point about CC.
  3. Tank doom is just a gigantic doom that is easyer to play and boops you off the map are you sure you “RELLY” want that!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: U gonna be super annoyed i can already see it coming… His big booty will be all over you. He will be kinda like a big tanned immortal booping Annoy-o-Tron frog.
  4. So basically you have everything. What more do you want? Okay how about this, you get a button that says [press this to instantly win if the other team has a doomfist] with a cooldown of 30 minutes how about that?
  5. We could also maybe crowd fun massage services for the annoyed hitscan players so they can better deal with salt and being owned 20% of the time.
  6. Anything u want just dont destroy Dps Doom Kit / playstile into a jumping booper raidboss.
1 Like
  1. He is extremely deadly and the tankiest DPS, if he wasnt easy to counter he would be broken OP. Very hard to balance old doom.

2. Doom rollouts are degenerate. Abusing random map geometry. Slam damage should have always been a flat 50.

1 Like

I can’t wait for DPSFist to be removed from the game. He’s been a mistake ever since he was introduced to the game and should never have been a DPS to start with. His entire kit is extremely toxic and revolves around one-shot and CC, which when he was released was already hated.

Glad the developers saw reason for once and removed him as a DPS hero. That alone makes OW2 100 times better than OW1. It’s at a point now where I don’t bother playing against a half competent Doomfist, I can deal with him but it’s not worth the frustration it brings.

1 Like