OW2 Early Build comes in April 2022! OWL S5 starts with it

Cheers, I know we are really wanted to get a firm date in the near future, but for now it simply looks like the OWL season starts on a early build. I would speculate this will be the fully completed PVP features and they will release tournament clients for the teams to use. However, I carefully looked around and there is no true confirmed date for Overwatch 2 for public release.

7 Likes

to launch an E-sport season ā€¦ with an early build?

guys, remind us of W3 Reforged. these advances could seriously be a problem for the final quality, but Activision is only looking at the gains, not if the game works.

we continue to support our message: OW2 for gamers, not spectators.

6 Likes

My guess is that OW1 will turn into an ā€œOW2 PvP betaā€ that time. I donā€™t think we will stay on the current engine version if OWL transitions though and thats what ā€œEarly buildā€ could mean.

1 Like

ā€œEarly Buildā€ to me is a bit of a buzz word. Until more details are revealed, the speculation of what that means could go rampant.

6 Likes

Cool. Iā€™m glad some random video game professionals will get to enjoy it. How about their fired off-tank players?

And the devs will most likely remain silent about the whole thing like they always do.

2 Likes

I really hope we get 1 more Archives event. If we do I will have all the OW cosmetics before OW2 releases. Have a few for HT, WW and LN; which I will have by then, just missing Sombraā€™s Talon skin from Archives.

Maybe they plan on launching OW2 as the anniversary event.

3 Likes

there in real trouble ATM, they lost 90% of there e-sports backing, they have too put out or shut upā€¦

2 Likes

Well this kinda sucks.
I was hoping to experience OW2 myself when it released and see the new stuff for myself. But thereā€™s no way I can avoid this.
I guess I can have a second hand look at the game insteadā€¦

A shame but I guess thatā€™s how it will be

2 Likes

I can imagine that there will be a closed beta exclusively for selected players + OWL players to get a feeling of all the new features, maps, heroes, changes, etc. before the official Season 5 start of the OWL, to keep the competitive fairness equal for all OWL players. I can imagine that they are using a similar testing period like they had for OW1. So a public ā€œopen betaā€ might be maybe available few weeks before the full release of OW2.

2 Likes

I want to see a pro tracer clip out the map and then start 1 clipping Zenā€™s through walls.

2 Likes

Probably around Q4 2021 or Q1 2022 (after Blizzconline 2022) sounds possible

2 Likes

^This.

Thank God :pray: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I think events will be also in OW2

2 Likes

Probably a pre beta build

2 Likes

Do you think we will see some new heroes Wyoming at OWL S5?

2 Likes

If they do truly intend to start playing on OW2 for OWL Season 5, I would assume it is a safe expectation that all new heroes including Sojourn to be announced before by then.

9 Likes

Unless the balance state of the game is poor.
Now it comes down to if the devs can get the balance of 5v5 and the new Heros right on the spot :crazy_face:

1 Like

Finally something new, wow.

5 Likes

Another question is

Are OWL teams going to be 10 players instead of 12 because of 5v5

2 Likes