[OW2] Do you think OW2 PVP might get rebranded?

Nope Iam as standard of player as we get. I get home from work play a couple hours than go to bed. I read patch notes and thats about it.

Fair enough.

As you can tell, I’m about as “Super Fan” as it gets.

Its bad that it is still probably going to be my fav shooter still. I moved on from CS long ago but I will tough to get used to the more CoD style fast paced less tactical team play.

Well Ironically, I don’t actually play much Overwatch for the past while. Mostly just the videogame development equivalent of “Fantasy Football”.

I mostly play games like Back4Blood, Deep Rock Galactic, and Vermintide 2.

Really looking forward to DarkTide in September.

LOL YES. The Emperor Protects. With the help of many bullets. Love Vermantide 2 and waiting myself or Darktide. Should get your steam ID

Sure why not.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/greyfalconpunch

But isn’t the goal to attract a new… better… skiller player base?
While I see them successfully pushing away the remaining supps and part of tanks and DPS are overjoyed at this, not seeing any connection with the q-time has starts into space.

…no?

5/7 supports are literally good, Zen got 2 buffs after a week of us saying he felt bad and is awesome now, and there are mini support reworks coming next Beta + new Support heroes on the way… Idk how supports can be pushed away when the game isn’t even releasing for months yet and many more changes directly involving them are coming + the Devs are openly responding to support feedback but ok !!

Tanks literally are so popular now that they have the longest queue times LOL…I don’t really care if they drove away a % of the already nonexistant OW1 tanks if they made them more appealing for the general playerbase in the process (which I’ve been saying 5v5 would do for months and I was right lol).

The only role that’s not “popular” rn is Supports because
a) Some feel weak
b) no new heroes/reworks/content yet while others got new toys to play with

And both are already directly addressed by Blizzard in their latest blog post?

You can make these complaints and have them be valid when we are in the final beta of the game, not the first one and them already have been adressed lol…

The expectations have been already lowered no matter who you rename it.

It is more like a downgrade than 2.0 tbh.

Yes, yes, OW2 is not a game for OW1 players.

It’s not about new toys it’s about completely changing the way the game is played; supports haven’t been given the tools to do so. I came into the beta not to play tanks and dps (although I was curious to try), but to find out how supports play in the new environment.

Of course, you can believe in the moon bunny and the professionalism of the blizzard, but if they will can’t jump above their heads with the support’s toolkit and playstyles (enraging half the dps players in the world in process), then wait for OW3 for better q-times with 1-2-1.

Yes it is. I have been playing OW1 since launch. OW1 does not feel like the game it was for the first few years anymore with the introduction of heroes like Brigitte, Sigma, and Baptiste and bad balance decisions that made AoE healing, an over abundance of stuns, and shields far too relevant and shifted the game away from a fast-paced skill-based FPS team game into a slow game that is far too ability-based.

OW2 feels more like original OW1 than OW1 has for years. I am beyond ecstatic with how the game feels fast paced, fluid, and fun again.

You don’t like the game? Sorry to hear that. A lot of forumers don’t like the game? They never do rofl.

Zen just got given 2 buffs that make him good in 5v5, Moira and Lucio and Brig and Ana are already amazing in 5v5, now we just need Mercy and Bap changes and the role is good to go…it’s not that doom and gloom like you’re trying to make it seem lol.

A week ago I was worried about Supports in OW2 and making posts about them feeling bad.

Since then I have

1. Actually played 5v5 more and adjusted my playstyle, and am now excelling at the role
  2. Seen the Devs actively respond to this feedback, promise that they are working on changes for it, and implement some of said changes for Zen already (to great effect)
  3. Stopped stressing about it as much

Power =/= fun.
Game for fun.

And q-times refutes your words.

Oh really? Blizzard promise? You made my day, thx so much!

The Devs already addressed this :star_struck:

Here it is in case it slipped your mind!

“More broadly, during our Alpha test, we observed support heroes feeling too vulnerable to diving and flanking attacks with fewer shields and no second tank focusing on protecting them. We made a significant adjustment to their role passive heading into Beta, allowing support heroes to recover more health faster and improve their survivability. This change improved their overall power and durability, and overall supports are performing well in the Beta, but we know that balance is only one aspect of what makes a hero fun to play.** We have heard clearly that support players feel both tanks and damage players have more new content to enjoy and explore in this Beta. Longer term, we believe the most effective way to tackle this issue is to add exciting new support heroes to the game, and that is part of our plans. In the near term, our hero design team is also experimenting with significant, but shorter lead time, ideas including new and refreshed abilities for some existing support heroes. These types of ideas could be deployed later this first Beta test but more likely would be in our next test.”

Again, part of that issue is also LACK OF SUPPORT CHANGES AND NEW HEROES for people to want to test. lol.

Yes and they already have started making good on their process with Zen who is fun and good now! Crazy how that works!

Like, we ask Blizz for transparent dev communication + good balance changes that address feedback. A week into the beta they give us both of those things via a Dev Blog Post and an amazing balance patch that directly addresses player feedback. And you want to reward that with…pessimism? lol.

You guys are never happy and just like hating on the game/team. If you can’t give them justified praise when they do good things then you aren’t attempting to have an actual conversation on the game’s future; you just want to complain. And that’s where you lose all credibility in these discussions.

BUT I’M OLD AND I DON’T LIKE CHANGE.

:stuck_out_tongue: