[OW2] Do you think OW2 PVP might get rebranded?

Yes. And that problem is “ActivisionBlizzard upper management”.

I would vote for “Overwatch PvP 2.0”. Because OW2 is more the PvE content. And we are right now the in “Overwatch PvP 2.0 beta”

who? i cant imagine a multibillion dollar company would let one of its products fail for the sake of penny pinching some pocket change.

I take it you don’t know who Bobby Kotick is.

do you? i dont follow the media cos its 99.99% made up BS. i do follow business and know its pretty straightforward and if you could invest 1mil to make 100+mil you would do it in a nano second.

Well here’s a former Overwatch producer talking about Bobby Kotick.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/01/20/overwatch-2-producer-says-bobby-kotick-cost-the-team-months-of-development

i dont care. he said… she said… blah blah.

Got it, so an actual producer level executive who worked on the Overwatch team isn’t good enough for you?

Must be nice being detached from reality.

The company cant solve the game with cash, they are short staffed and under talented. The damn lead person even left. Who wants to work for this company anymore? They are known for paying far less and now have this controversy piled on.

i dont know anything about blizzards specifics. but i do know that in a multibillion sized organization, no way does the CEO micromanage budgets for individual projects, are you kidding me? they will literally employ an army of genius iq level quants and analystis on massive saleries to go over everything and know exactly how much money is needed for whatever project it’s working on. cash is a non issue for such a huge company

So boot out the top executives that caused the scandals, merge in with a company with tons of cash.

As for staff, you know what gets quality staff? Money.

You’d think a normal CEO wouldn’t do dumb stuff like that, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/activision-ceo-bobby-kotick-reportedly-threatened-former-assistant-killed-2021-11

Or that link I posted above that you probably didn’t even read.

Tracy Kennedy: Bobby, tell everyone about the random projects for OW1 you all would shove on us, the team would do OT for only them to get cancelled and for months of OW2 dev to have been lost. Or how almost entire teams are turning over and citing you as the reason. Don’t be shy

Ok if you think the top people care then yes it can be solved with cash. They wanted the bare minimum done to try and sell a sequel. But still even with the want of spending insane amounts they would need to spend far more than they want to get people to even want to work for them.

Microsoft is buying ActivsionBlizzard for $69 Billion dollars.

You’d think they’d have a few bucks to throw around for the intellectual property they just bought.

Or will, as soon as they get the rubber stamp of approval from the Federal Government.
98% of shareholders already signed off on the merger.

Have you seen Overwatch 2 atm? Pretty sure money was not shoved into it.

No…it just is the smart choice to make to keep the playerbase together for queue times rather than splitting the playerbase…especially when the entire point of 5v5 was faster queue times? lol?

Everyone is being ported to OW2 PvP when it launches. :hugs:

Yup. That’s kinda my point.

Overwatch 2 was developed on a shoestring budget, while you had Kotick having them also work on two other spin off projects, in addition to OW1.

All while you had this producer saying that Kotick was the cause of entire teams quitting in protest. Then having to be replaced then brought back up to speed.

So the graphics are going to show 6 years if gaming development experience and we wont have 95% of the same game with just removing a tank. Than ask the player base to pay for a SP that is not being shown. The only part we need to pay money for.

Meanwhile they could have done this entire OW2 MP on a PTR patch. Its a game update and trying to hide the SP from us that we need to pay for.

Oh, I know all too well.

Consider this,

• August 2021
  • Metro Leak, saying PVE is basically done but haven’t even started on PVP
  • A week later, I make a big post detailed af on how to put out PVP fast, with basically no Support changes, except for a Brig rework with more dash and no stun down lower in the comments. As far as I’m aware, I was the only person to do something like this during this timeframe.
  • A week later, OWL team leaders strongarm Blizzard into announcing OWL will be running on an early PVP beta of OW2.

https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-2-owl/

WHAT! PVE is almost done? Yet we have nothing during beta? Also wtf tournament runs on beta stuff. I think they assume people will want to watch because its “new” but even twitch has just stopped caring about the OW2 Beta since its the same.

I thought that was common knowledge that the whole point of pushing this beta was just so that OWL had an edition of “New Overwatch” to run on?

That said, they are probably going to run about 3 or 4 betas, then probably launch both PVP and PVE. Or atleast have a full release of PVP-only, with a hard release date for PVE.

I’m guessing early November 2022.