OW2 crashing to desktop

oh ok i created my own thread now nicole

I create my own. If you can see it :slight_smile:

So… I’ve never Posted these sort of Information before… Reading the instruction…
I’m probably reading Tad to much, Overloading my “brain”…

[ put four Tilde (~ ) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:]
so… from that information…

So… I COPY and Paste (Here) EVERY word in that one DxDiag Document?

Here is my DxDiag for the Technical support.
https://pastebin.com/XdG8nrqK

See dev reply below.

1 Like

Nicole, can you look in my thread? , I attached the dxdiag

Hello AnticK00kie,
Sorry you’re having issues. I took a look at your crashes, and was wondering if you could try something for me. In the “Advanced Text to Speech” options, can you please turn off “Play Sound Between Messages Being Read” and see if that solves your issue?

Thanks so much for posting.
Bruce

5 Likes

Hey Bruce, can you help me i get crashes all the time. I briefly get a black screen and then I’m back on the desktop without an error code

1 Like

Every time I launch Overwatch, it prompts me with “The application encountered an unrecoverable error. Click ‘OK’ to create a memory dump, then please share it on our support site.” I have 0 clue what caused this is for I was able to play Overwatch 1 and the Overwatch 2 Beta with ZERO PROBLEMS similar to this. I was able to play OW1 perfectly fine until servers went offline, did the pre-release content download for OW2, and haven’t been able to launch the game since.

My DxDiag here

you also have a similar dxdiag as me. I saw you also have valorant

Correct. I have tried by uninstalling Riot Vanguard and restarting my PC, then launching OW. Same issue still persists… Multiple people have this same issue and have all had it occurred from updating to OW2

but your problem that you describe is a bit different than mine

Yes it seems like it. I am just trying to get the attention of Bruce because he is a dev and nobody has acknowledged these problems yet… Even after sending in a support ticket and waiting over 36 hours…

Do you have the same problem or do you at least get an error code?

When I launch the game, it shows “Playing Now” and then immediately after, I am greeted with an error message stating “The application encountered an unrecoverable error. Click ‘OK’ to create a memory dump, then please share it on our support site.” I click “OK” and shows that a memory dump has been created, however, I cannot view/read the dump because it is all in random characters/letters.

ah ok i understand. Unfortunately I don’t get an error code

Seems that was Bruce’s once-a-year forum post requirement… Unfortunate how devs are not interested in helping people with game issues like crashing/not even launching but will be the first to jump on any issue regarding merging progress, watchpoint purchasing issues, or just any issue regarding money.

1 Like

Yes, I also think they most likely prefer the people who have invested money in the game

Just curious, did you purchase the watchpoint pack or any upgrades they promoted with OW2? Like watchpoint pack, etc.? I’m curious if our crashing issues have something to do with not paying for anything? I’ve seen numerous friends play OW2 with 0 problems and I can almost 100% say for certain they did not buy any $40 pack to play a FREE game.

No, I didn’t buy the package