OW2 beta leaked?

OW steamer Jay3 apparently “leaked” the beta for overwatch 2. Personally, I think that he is trolling his viewers as a joke. What do you guys think?

https
://player.twitch.tv/?video=v592722821&player=twitter&autoplay=false&t=13501s

Transcript:

“[Someone in chat] I got an overwatch 2 beta key. [Jay3] No dude, that’s not meant to drop yet, that’s supposed to be next month. (Goes silent)”

2 Likes

Probably a joke. Y’know Jay3.

18 Likes

Troll I think. Jeff said no OW2 news for a few months in the stylosa interview, didn’t he?

4 Likes

personally i wouldn’t put too much faith in it, j3 and his chat troll eachother all the time :laughing:

5 Likes

You probably don’t watch a lot of Jay3, do you?

1 Like

Ive had an Overwatch 2 beta key since 2016…

10 Likes

Some people really will believe anything, won’t they? It’s supposed to be next week

4 Likes

They actually said they will be 100% silent about it until the next blizzcon as stated at the last blizzcon. Aside from tiny tiny tiny bite sized tiny snipets from Jeff on the forums and other platforms, you wont hear a single thing about it until blizzcon

I believe Jeff only said that it’s likely they’ll be talking about OW2 next Blizzcon, which was only to give a ball park estimate for how far through development the game is.

This is not true.

1 Like

I seem to remember Jeff saying these things as soon as the OW2 portion of blizzcon was over, and besides you really think theyre going to show anything off about it before this years blizzcon?

1 Like

Apparently there are rumours that they’ll be showing off some more of the redesigns around Anniversary

2 Likes

Well that would be nice, but they are just rumors. I would also like to point out, what I initially said was not meant for small sneak peeks like a few redesigns or some tiny changes (like Jeff posting that they have a new cosmetic ranking system to replace the ugly portrait borders).

They should release a new Hero redesign every week. There are enough to stretch it out for a long time.

5 Likes

Given that I think the game will be releasing towards the end of this year, yes - I think we will hear more before Blizzcon. I think Sony and/or Microsoft will be announcing OW2 as a launch title for the PS5/Xbox Series X in a couple of months - that should come with some new info including a release date.

I think they’ll save the new heroes, maps and details about the PvE Campaign story for Blizzcon, but we’ll see more about PvP and PvE missions before then.

I also think we’ll get a playable Beta before Blizzcon (without the things I mentioned above) too, but that’s just my theory.

3 Likes

He may be joking but I doubt devs wont disclose invite pro players to playtest OW2 pvp while it’s in development.

Ok but what if they do release beta for Anniversary event next month, it would be perfect timing to celebrate 4 years of OW
:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

I feel like I’m being waaaay optimistic in my guesses that we’ll see a Beta around July. May seems super unlikely.

It would be a great surprise, though.

1 Like

They said at last blizzcon “we’ll probably see more next blizzcon” so I wouldnt put my hopes up for a beta anytime in 2020, especially with covid.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Overwatch, hopefully you get your life sorted out soon. Yep, perfect time to abandon Overwatch, right as it celebrates its last year in agony… withering.

1 Like