OW2 Balance Team new Q&A

Do you know the precise percentages that they have each gone up or down to make the judgement that it’s “ridiculous”? Or are you just guessing?

So in your ideal Overwatch healers would be able to keep up their entire team infinitely? Do you not see that that would cause a problem?

Also, it seems like you see supports as healers only despite the fact that Discord and Antinade exists. Supports are meant to kill too.

I don’t see how you can call the results of a play test lacking in logic when you don’t have the data.

Once you’ve played the beta and you have similar thoughts, I would understand. To say that their playtests are not representative of your ELO, I would understand. But this stance seems bizarre to me.

2 Likes

Find all this a bit hard to buy frankly, though on point 2 I could see this. #3 is pure bs.

1 Like

Am I the only one more concerned about how OW2 Zarya plays than her power level?

Currently, I’m assured that I always have a bubble for my own personal use, and I have one to use on others. Sadly, E-bubble usually goes to my co-tank, but there are times where I get to use it on that Doom or Reaper or ulting Genji/McCree/76.

In OW2, there’s a risk that the way to go is to double bubble myself, which strips Zarya of a dimension of gameplay. Or it could be the other extreme, where the play is to double bubble the Doomfist Mei while I cower behind cover. What was wrong with the OW1 model that number tweaks couldn’t fix?

1 Like

I’m not sure it takes anything away - doesn’t it now just give you the choice of play styles?

Aside from having another tank to bubble, what’s stopping you from bubbling yourself and Doom?

I think the entire forums should read this little quote.

Thank you for putting all of this together Baja.

We hope everyone found the contents of yesterday’s AMA informative and useful :slight_smile:

40 Likes

Thanks for the AMA yesterday! I wanted to ask if it’s possible to announce these AMA’s in the future in the Forum too? I missed it, cause I wasn’t awake and didn’t followed the Competitive Overwatch Reddit :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Neat. Thanks for posting this!

Just some ones that stand out:

Not surprised but bummed I couldn’t even experience it for myself. As long as she doesn’t suck, I’m fine with it. What has been nerfed exactly? Will we get to know?

This is incredibly disappointing to me. I can’t imagine this is going to be fun to go against. His current design with his CC is infuriating. I really hope this experiment is altered and you find the conclusion to be that it’s not ideal at all.

To hear he might have even more CC…please. PLEASE take him in a different direction.

This is what I figured but good to hear.

Also good to hear. I hope you take the rest of the game into consideration and not just pros. :confused: Right now it feels like you are balancing for pros…and that’s how we get bizarre and bad balancing for the rest of the playerbase, even GM/Top 500…

I did not think about this being the case, so that’s good to know. Good foresight.

1 Like

I found it quite informative and useful. Thank you. It was the first piece of communication that has come from Blizzard that makes the new game seem like a positive and not a negative.

Might I suggest putting a thread here specifically for questions for developers, not discussion, that the devs can answer the ones they can at a time convenient to them. Or you can bring the good questions for them. Might make it easier for you to keep communication open without having to slog through 100 threads to find valuable questions.

8 Likes

I second that

Hello Mr andy

Do you know if there will be an ExC anytime soon

Its ok if you cant say…keep being awsome andy!!

2 Likes

I still hope to get an Overwatch 2 section soon in the forum with AMA recaps, feedback and discussion section :crossed_fingers::pray:

1 Like

It could end up that Zarya needs both bubbles to simply survive out there on the front lines, and being able to bubble others becomes a niche use. And that would be a real shame.

3 Likes

Will Moira be reworked for OW2?

1 Like

What i want to see is an “Esports discussion” category. Keeping OWL thoughts and summaries away from general and spoilers away from Encore watchers

1 Like

For future AMA’s it’s likely.

For this one, we specifically targeted the r/Competitiveoverwatch subreddit with minimal lead up in an effort to garner high quality questions, giving Geoff and Josh the chance to provide meaningful answers to hot questions in the community right now.

22 Likes

So, question when can we expect the next news about Ow2 or in general?

We’ll eventually get to the point where we can host a Q&A here in the forums. I still need to spend some more time on the boards, working with all of you, to create an environment that would lead to a productive session for all involved.

Absolutely, however I do want to acknowledge the intrinsic value of us actually responding to player lead conversation. The ultimate goal should always be for us to be a part of the conversation, not necessarily always leading it.

27 Likes

By excluding big part of the community on purpose you are either saying:

“we don’t care about your opinion”
or
“we only listen to what we want to hear”

What happened to “every opinion matters”? :thinking:
That is pretty discriminative you know.
Big yikes.

6 Likes

God, I am so glad you communicate with us, Andy. Seriously, this level of communication from the team is so appreciated!

19 Likes