Ow1 angle snapping

i dont know what ow did to the input in ow1 but 3/4 patchs ago i think its was APRIL 19 patch my mouse movement become like straight lines like angle snapping and i cant remove it i try 3/4 difference mouses all same movement i dont have this issue in other games only ow1

Hey there,

I’ve not seen any other widespread reports matching what you are describing which tells us the issue is likely local to the system, hardware or client. Even if you don’t currently see issues in other programs on the system.

The following steps should help most local causes:

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

Sometimes firewall or routing software/hardware will have some advanced settings to prioritize and manage types of network traffic. Normally that is not an issue but we have seen situations where it can intefere with the delivery of the data for our games/voice chat.

Let’s try turning off these features:

QoS
SIP ALG
RoG (ASUS Routers Only)
Security firewalls (Some ISP provided modems)

Not all devices will have these options and the steps for turning these functions off will be different depending on the make/model/software version of the devices and programs involved. If necessary look at the documentation for your security and routing products to find out how to turn these options off.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Right click Windows Start
  2. Open File Explorer
  3. Open Documents
  4. Delete the Overwatch folder and empty the Recycle Bin.

(This will deleted any unsaved/saved highlights so if you wish to preserve those, save and then move them from the videos folder before deleting the OW folder.)

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Repairing Battle.net Games - Blizzard Support

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Beyond that, we recommend changing the port you use to plug in the device, this should force a reinstall of drivers which can correct corrupted driver problems. If that doesn’t help we we recommend borrowing/using an alternate device also using a different port on the system (Front vs back, hub vs direct connection etc…)

running the game without administrator fix it thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.