OW Server Crashed - Anyway to appeal SR loss?

My error was as follows: game server failed to connect. I was just matched with a competitive game. not even started. I lost 50 sr and 2 hour ban on competitive matchmaking. How do you explain this??

The penalty still applies if you disconnect during the search queue or at the start of the game. This helps prevent “queue dodging” and to make sure those who have a malfunction do not play Competitive again right away without fixing the problem.

I know the logic behind the ban time. But earlier, disconnection led to 15 min ban for 1st game and increased thereby. This is not even my fault

1 Like

they don’t care, they don’t take responsibility for it. It’s always the players fault lmao

Even though we have clear evidence that Blizzard is at fault now that we have replays

Replays do not prove the cause of a disconnection.

even with replay someone could be sneaky and press alt f4 while moving to make it look like they “disconnected”

Even if the replay shows multiple players being disconnected throughout the game? And shows multiple players unable to move during disconnect while others are fine?

Because it still does not explain why those players left, only that they left.

Are you from Australia? There was an issue with an major network backbone hub, that affected multiple players yesterday. Which was a problem outside of Blizzard’s control.

Remember if you get disconnected, stop playing Competitive, and try to take the time to figure out if there is an active issue with your connection. Play several games of Quick Play before attempting to play Competitive again. If disconnections continue to persist, follow troubleshooting steps or check the technical support forums for help.

Stop playing competitive while already in a competitive game? Sure man.

And yeah, I’m sure 5 players just conveniently rage quit the same time during the first round, re-joined and then 7 players decided to rage quit at the same time again later in the game.

1 Like

“Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately.

Do you even realize how buggy Role Queue Beta is and how many legit disconnects and bugs are happening in the past weeks with it?!

This is not appropriate punishment. Being stuck in the Menu, without ever being able to enter the comp loading screen (which has been a bug documented in the Forums since 2018) is something Blizzard needs to fix and it is not appropriate to punish the players with an endorsement decline, SR loss (which doesn’t even vary but is always 50) AND a lockout.

“Are you from Australia? There was an issue with an major network backbone hub, that affected multiple players yesterday. Which was a problem outside of Blizzard’s control.”

It wasn’t just multiple players, it was the MAJORITY of players who disconnected. In my games, half of my team alone disconnected along with two players on the enemy team. I’m just one player of thousands and can count those DC’d players on two hands. Now multiply it appropriately.

It might be a problem outside of Blizzard’s control (not sure how it is outside of their control if it’s their servers) but it is NOT outside of Blizzard’s control to refund the SR lost to many, many Australian players on that day. You are arguing with ‘we can’t identify real leavers with DCers’, but if it’s a known issue, why not adjust the SR loss/penalties on accounts to find a middle ground?

Blizzard is not doing a great job to keep their loyal players in game if they stay completely oblivious to their server issues and bugs and don’t accommodate those who suffer from it even in the slightest.

Why would you lose 50 SR if you literally connect back to the match within 20 seconds? Why would you lose 50SR and get a stacking penalty if you never get into the match and are stuck in menu? There are many ways to find a solution.

Yesterday, everyone on XBOX LIVE was pulled out of their competitive games, costing 50 SR to each person across the board and administering a ban. And that happened about 45 minutes after the patch went live. It was very inappropriate.

Hi Bliz, completely understand that it is all but impossible to check how or why an individual left a match or if there is an infrastructure issue that is not something that bliz can control - so I understand and have no problem with the leaver penalty for individuals, However I cant believe it would be more than a few lines of code to dectect **that all 12 players left within seconds of each other ** and nullify any SR gains or losses appropriately. This would go a long way to restoring the faith and loyalty of us your adoring fans. (Keep up the awesome work - love the game despite situations like server wide disconnects pissing me off occasionally)

Same thing happened to me such bs technically i lost anywhere between 70-80sr just because the servers are bad and they say

yet if i was trying to be a “dishonest player and trying to bypass the leaver penalties” then why would i join back hmmm… and on top of that win the game. typical devs dont care about the players and cant admit when they are at fault. considering people have been kicked from their games a lot today i dont see why players should be punished for playing the game. ontop of the fact that i will have to win 3 games in a row just to get back at the point in which i should be is just wrong.

3 Likes

Did you even read what he said?

The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused

It cannot detect it dude.

Please fix my issue. Banned despite rejoining, allowed to connect only after 2 mins

Don’t hijack posts with other topics. Just invite the user to your topic instead searching one of the older bugs and making this thread active.

Wow reading all this and the tech support replies, Blizzard really doesnt care about fans at all. I’ll stop defending them when my friends start bagging them. This is like EA levels of not gaf.

2 Likes

This is not a server crash issue, but it seems like a near insurmountable task to lodge a ticket (unlike in WoW). Just wanted to talk to like a GM or something.

I queued for competitive play, and was browsing the hero gallery. Then suddenly when I pressed esc to go back to the menu (while in queue), the game bugged out?

Showed that I was entering the match, showed the role queue UI screen, then showed that I left the match within a span of 2 seconds? Following that, I was suspended and lost 50 SR? Wtf? I didn’t leave. And my internet is completely fine. My game is fine, it didn’t crash. And after I ‘left’ and it showed my suspension, I apparently still had access to the /m match chat for a while. So what gives, I didn’t do anything and got punished and lost my SR? Makes me feel like I wasted my time. Someone please shed some light on this issue.

Edit: After reading around the forum, I realized overwhelmingly many people face SR loss due to various issues, some justifiable, some not, which makes it really tough and not easily discernible for Blizzard to help players, even IF they were ever willing to pursue avenues such as SR refund. I understand/agree Blizzard’s point of view that over time the SR loss will even out, but at the end of the day the issue of great frustration still exists. Most importantly, while on the surface it may seem to only be about the SR, but the fact of the matter is that it was about the time spent and the time lost. Hours of effort and mental energy spent supporting the franchise and ‘enjoying’ the game lost within seconds. Solving the problem with the aforementioned one-size-fits-all solution essentially conveys to me that my time spent supporting the franchise is negligible, ‘there’s always more time you can spend to get your SR back in the long run’.

Nonetheless, I recognize that until there’s a discernible way to combat this issue, all players can do is take to forums to ‘vent their frustration’, and have their issues lumped all in the same category with the solution that SR loss will even out in the long run.

1 Like

Had a similar issue yesterday. Was in queue, waiting in main menu, not even pressing anything. Just got a “Failed to join server” error and lost 50 SR, twice in a row. The GM that answered my issue ticket linked this thread to me saying “this thread explains why we dont restore lost SR” like it explains anything. All it explains is how good Blizzard is at ignoring player feedback and giving us all a big “F*** you”.