Banned despite rejoining, allowed to connect only after 2 mins

I am banned from season 18 because of dc issue. The thing is when i dc and i try to come back the game won’t let me in until the countdown timer is after 2 mins. so no matter how, i’m penalised. it’s UNFAIR to me that i can come back but the game won’t let me in. And despite coming back, Blizzard has banned me from the entire season, can the system not distinguish between actual leavers and people that actually do want to play?

What is the point of having a 2 min grace period window when you can only enter the game AFTER the countdown ends? I KNOW because my friends did the countdown and as it reached 0, game finally pops me in and i can click rejoin match.

THIS COMPLETE RUINS THE EXPERIENCE YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST DITCH OVERWATCH, WASTE OF MY MONEY.

and when I contacted support, all they gave me is links and template answers. I’m not asking why leavers are penalized, I’m asking why go all out to make me forsake my team?!

The system can’t detect if there is a latency issue between you and the servers, it cannot notice the difference between an accidental disconnection or a intentional disconnection.

Please calm down, i get that emotion may run high in these kind of things but positivity is key.

We’re not allowed to discuss about chat logs between the GM’s so just hold that mind.

I’ve never had this issue myself nor had my friends the issue that they couldn’t reconnect. All i can say is that this is weird client behaviour and that you’ve got to restart the game to make the button work.

Just a small question: Is the “rejoin” button visible on the main screen but when you click on it nothing happens?

Not allowed to discuss chat logs? They should be worrying about fixing the issue, not limiting the widespread of their ineffective methods of approach.

You never had it doesn’t mean the rest of the players won’t have it. I’ve restarted the client many times, even turned off and restarted the game and client.

It’s not the rejoin button that doesn’t work. It works. What doesn’t work is when I launch the game, it perpetually puts me into – connecting to game server – entering game. And it’s stuck at entering game until the timer from 2 mins reaches 0, then only I can see the menu and click rejoin match button.

I went too fast on that and misread something, it’s all fault on my part! Sorry, i don’t expect you to forgive me with that one.

Yes but that means it’s not affecting all players and that it could be related to other software.

Alright yeah, this is the first time i’ve got to hear this. I hope others can also share this if they have this issue. If you know anyone who has this issue too just tell them to make a topic on it too.

It’s fine, forgiven.

I haven’t installed or updated anything at all.

Hope this issue gets addressed otherwise the 2 min window is made redundant, pointless if we are barred from entering the game until 2 mins is over.

1 Like