OW is well balanced

You literally just described the 20XX meme in Melee.

Why bother with 99% of the roster when you can just practice Fox and hope you get port priority.

its well balanced relative to past metas but improvement is still necessary.

You have to remember that you are 1/6th of your team. Yeah, maybe Bastion falls between the +/- 3% WR but when he is picked, he is simply a part of probably a full meta team. Does picking Bastion win you that game, no. Does having a better team than the enemy team lead to a win? Usually. I would rather see this as a praise of Bliz’s matchmaking rather than a praise of their hero balance - as picking a Pharah-mercy in gold will probably just win you a game - though the matchmaking eventually catches up and you lose because of a poor team or self limitations.

Pffff

This game is about as balanced as a Mcdonalds meal being considered healthy

Sigma is broken, Genji’s overtuned besides that the balance is pretty good.

Three ideas to make the game even better now that the game is decently balanced:

• Comp Mystery Heroes
  • Comp 2-2-2 Mystery Roles/Heroes
  • Fix SR System for Swapping Heroes below Diamond
1 Like

Well-balanced is a matter of perspective, but I think what is clear is that the game balance is not nearly in the dire straits that the forum denizens seem to think it is.

1 Like

i actually think that OW has way worse problems, like the lack of new heroes

50% winrate manipulation confirmed

The difference is Overwatch can be balanced.

The Melee forums would have daily threads called “it’s been 19 years and Bowser is still F-tier.”