OW hasn't released a new 3D animated short film for a year

Symmetra is one of the original heroes and still has no animated short film. I wonder if Blizzard’s 3D animation team has been disbanded?

Um they released one for Juno a month ago. I get we are prone to exaggeration on here but can we at least not not turn a month into a year?

those don’t make money for activision, so why would they

That’s not 3D, that’s just a low-budget animation

It is 3D. But yeah, its “lower” Budget then things like “Alive”.
Sadly the money and manpower for the big production are now used for ads, like the Lesserafim Video or the WoW Skin trailer.

1 Like

You have no idea how jealous the current overwatch devs are of a game like counter-strike where nobody at all gives a crap about the scrapings of lore and they can just sell character/weapon skins without having to connect them to an existing character.

Its quite literally 3d. Its also animated and its a short. It checks every box. Its also the same art style they used for Doomfist awhile back (which was generally considered a cool one that people liked). I guess we are now inventing new criteria to make something not count.

Its not overwatch anymore. Forget story, forget everything u used to like. This is not it anymore

erm no? wasnt it a drawn anime?

For years now, the cinematics have been bad anyway. Sojourns was especially egregious.