OW crashes second monitor

I have the suspicion that it is due to different refresh rates on both monitors but I’m not sure.

I recently upgraded my main monitor with a higher refresh rate one and since then sometimes when playing OW (and ONLY OW) my second monitor goes black and crashes and while it does that, my game lags for a couple seconds (duration of the second monitor crashing) and by lagging I mean it’s like my frame rate drops to 2 or 3 and the screen freezes for a second.

Has anyone had a similar issue and maybe found a way to fix it?

Howdy xDrac,

Would you be able to provide a DxDiag to help us pinpoint the problem?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformatted text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

Paste Bin: pastebin .com / uVuzK0tM

1. Fault bucket , type 0
2. Event Name: WindowsServicingFailureInfo
3. Response: Not available
4. Cab Id: 0
* Problem signature:
5. P1: 10.0.19041.1790:1
6. P2: 0x800F0984 0x800F0984 Matching binary: wstorvsp.inf missing for component: 
amd64_dual_wstorvsp.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1806_none_3575bd8c71b3eb91

There appears to be some problems causing Windows errors, which may be due to corrupted files. This could be related to the problems you are experiencing so you may want to go through some of the steps here. You may also want to keep an eye on the temperatures to see if there’s any overheating.

I tried doing this but it still happens… (the monitor crashing)

A post was split to a new topic: [CitizenNoob] Overwatch crash

Howdy xDrac,

What temperatures are you seeing when these monitor crashes happen? Would you be able to provide screenshots of the HWMonitor results?

I’m having the same exact problem. The only solution that seems to work is a reinstall of Overwatch. After that, this behavior seems to persist most times after I exit the application.

Diagnostics info if needed:

I have tried:

• Updating drivers
  • Updating OS
  • Ensuring that there are no temp issues
  • Performed a Scan and Repair of OV (This only fixes the problem about 1/10 times)

This behavior started about ~a month or so ago and got worse with the latest update. I have never had this issue before prior to the recent months.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.