OW 2 is Overwatch Lite

Say it with me.

Overwatch 2 is Overwatch ‘Lite’.

•Simplified gameplay strategies (1-2-2)
•Free to play but pay for extras
•Larger hit boxes= less skill required
•Larger health pools= more forgiving gameplay
•Auto regen added(what are supports for?)
•Lots of stuns and hard cc’s removed= many OW1 characters lost their identities

Agree or disagree, either way this game is NOT a sequel. It is something akin to a mobile game your little brother plays on his ipad.

8 Likes

We’re playing OW mobile boys.

5 Likes

It’s Overwatch 1 if the developers hadn’t stopped updating it to make Overwatch 2 (new heroes and maps), but with the added benefit of a cash shop.

1 Like

Very good name!!! Suits perfectly!

Even that snake has a one shot pin?! It’s time for Reinhardt to return to glory! Tomorrow we ride (in our red, white, and blue) semi-trucks.

2 Likes

They couldn’t port the game to mobile so they turned the PC version to mobile.

1 Like

I find it funny that people simultaneously complain about things like that but also complain that Overwatch 1 ‘strategies’ like “Pick Reaper and shoot Tank” no longer work due to the complexity of 5v5.

It’s either one or the other. It can’t be both.

I’m not sure how this matters at all? It’s “free, with paid cosmetics” vs “paid, with (mostly) free cosmetics + paid loot boxes”. Either way, you pay money and it has nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

Has your rank improved since Season 9?

I bet you’d notice pretty quickly if your Supports weren’t healing. So I think you know the answer to this question.

IMO it’s reaching a bit to say any hero’s identity is a hard stun. The best cases you could make for it are Ana and Junkrat, and they kept their abilities from Overwatch 1.

How do you define a sequel to a game that had no story anyway? Who even cares? It’s not like you went to a store and paid for Overwatch 2 after having bought Overwatch 1. They changed the branding, changed the business-model, changed the target demographic and added a bunch of content. This is a really weird thing to be hung up on 2 years later.

Overwatch 2 is Overwatch 2.

It’s not Overwatch 0.5, it’s not Overwatch 1.2 it’s not Overwatch ‘Lite’.

It’s just Overwatch 2.

• 5v5 is a far better format and is easier to balance.
  • Being Free to Play means you have a constant influx of new players. As for ‘paying for extras’ people did that during Overwatch 1 too, but instead of paying for the exact skin they wanted, they bought loot boxes for the chance to get the skin they wanted.
  • Large hit boxes =/= Less skill required. Players who don’t put in effort will not win games in most cases.
  • Larger health pools are fine, no, the game is not ‘more forgiving’ as a result, as you will still melt from a few hits, especially if there’s a sniper around.
  • Auto-regen doesn’t really play a factor, the heal is incredibly slow, only happens after you haven’t taken damage for a few seconds and instantly stops the moment you take even 1 hp worth of damage.
  • Most of the stuns and hard CC loss hasn’t been missed, hero identity remains fairly consistent.

It is 100% a sequel. Is it everything folks hoped it would be? No. Will it ever reach those initial expectations? Also no. That doesn’t really matter though, because the core gameplay loop remains intact.

Ya’ll are coping hard and I respect it

10 OUTTA 10 RESPONSE!!!

:+1: :+1: :+1:

I was thinking the same thing! I scroll down and see your comment first (obviously) and was thinking the same thing!! :slight_smile:

Welcome to “DiabloWatch” a game so simplified it can be played on your android mobile app . :stuck_out_tongue: “Wait, don’t you guys have cell phones?!”

“Is this an early April fool’s joke?”

1 Like