Overwatch won't launch

When I click play it opens up overwatch and then it starts to connect and crashes.
It did this when I got it and so I got a new refunded disk from the shop I bought it from and reinstalled it with that and it worked.

Around 4 months later it happened again, I tried reinstalling with the refunded disk, then a mod told me to install battle.net and Overwatch off the website and Overwatch off the launcher, and it did not work. Then out of the blue for around a 20 hour period Overwatch worked but it had very, very bad graphics and it was all laggy. It was not like this before and when I used to play it, it had very good graphics and such. Then it stopped working after that 20 hours.

I have redeemed the code and it was working just fine before.
I honestly have no idea whats going on.

Hey, AteYou!

It is not clear if you are experiencing crashes, or are having disconnections. Are you getting a specific error?

Please collect a DXDIAG and post it here using the Preformatted Text button in the posting options. Just make sure the full DXDIAG contents are between the Preformatted Text tags.

Would you be able to post a DxDiag report? When posting the results, please format it by encasing it in a set of ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Contents
~~~

it says I have surpassed the character limit when I do that, last time I posted a DxDiag to another customer support mod they told me if it reaches that limit to post a pastebin link like this: https://pastebin.com/bga0MBWj (thats the same link that I posted to the mod and it has my DxDiag in it) is there another way to do it or is that fine?

Also I am not getting a specific error when it crashes it just opens up overwatch and says entering game and just crashes before opening up the main screen

I do see your GPU driver crashing in that report, but I’m curious… if you unplug your Wacom tablet, are you still experiencing the crashes? Sometimes Windows will see those devices as a secondary or tertiary screen and try to display the game there, which crashes the GPU driver.

Just tried that and it still didn’t work. Also for some reason Overwatch was redownloading? It just stopped, and I don’t remember anyone reinstalling it.
Could that be of anything significant maybe? (probably not)

Hey there,

Going over the DxDiag I believe our root issue is here:

Event Name: BEX64
Problem signature:
P1: MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete.exe
P4: atidxx64.dll

I’d start with a system file checker, then use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the AMD/Intel drivers (both) before reinstalling them. Here are links to updated drivers for both:

Intel
AMD

1 Like

Thanks so much! it works now :grin: