Overwatch won't actually launch PC

For me Blizzard can stick OW2 where the sun don’t shine… I’m tired of all the fixing and unable to play the game…

1 Like

i tried all the options above, i dont have any antiviruses installed other than windows defender i unabled it and the game still wont launch. after yesterday’s update i was able to play but after i woke up today the problem is back and idk how to solve it.

2 Likes

I cant do this anymore, Ive been troubleshooting Overwatch for the last 3 Days NONE of the fixes helped me even slightly. When I start OW it blackscreens for a second, pops up in the taskbar and closes it self :frowning: idk what to do at this point…

2 Likes

Can you maybe responds to the thousands of us who have lc-208 issue please it’s ridiculous

I have this issue as well. The following is the log the game posts when trying to launch
[1568] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2022-10-08T20:03:29.243Z]: PathOps: [20221008T15:03:29] {2c54} ERR: … is the leading path component: /…/.build.info
[1568] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2022-10-08T20:03:29.243Z]: PathOps: [20221008T15:03:29] {2c54} ERR: path normalization failed: /…/.build.info

I’ve only gotten the game to launch once after a repair. It hasn’t launched again after trying everything that was suggested on the help page. Reinstalled, repaired, cleared settings, removed firewalls, updated drivers. The game continues to have a greyed out playing now but the application never launches. Watching task manager I’ve noticed the application doesn’t even show up until after I close battlenet.

I am a little frustrated with this issue so any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

What are you having trouble finding the actual error or the section it’s in because unfortunately i can’t give you and exact location of where it’s going to be you just have to read the windows reporting error section very carefully unless its already fixed i know blizzard pushed some updates out but i don’t know if that solved your problem sorry i couldn’t be of more help

If you looked over the MSInfo on your computer and still can’t find it and you’ve tried updating and all the steps blizzard gives you to try i would open a ticket and make sure to attach the MSInfo and the other one i forget what its called I’m not super good with troubleshooting i know enough to solve my issues but blizzard have trained professionals that maybe able to help you better than the forums also make sure there is at least i think it’s 50mb or gb I’m not sure but make sure you have 50mb/gb of space left on your hard drive that is also one of the requirements

Ic-208 seems to be a problem with the router or modem I’ve never had this issue but maybe restart your router as a last resort if you need to be hard wired in there is a product called powerline adapter you can get at best buy if you have the money it can act as if you are hard wired in with out having to place and ethernet cord through out your house it will use the electricity to hard wire you to the router

(post deleted by author)

That is 100% incorrect I have tried to play from different locations and it hasn’t made a single change.
I also played today on another fresh account and had no issues while mine is still having issues.

I’m staring at my Geforce Experience and it advises me “Our latest Geforce Game Ready driver delivers the definitive experience in Overwatch 2” which is my current and up to date driver. I am still experiencing this problem while also having completed all previous trouble shooting steps before this.

I’m unable to play with 3 friends at the moment, whose game launches fine.

Please advise what else can be done.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Same problem, looks like tech sups already abandoned us…
Tried all the options above, still have the issue - The game continues to have a greyed out playing now but the application never launches. Watching task manager I’ve noticed the application doesn’t even show up until after I close battlenet. -
But i found one VERY SPECIAL solution:

1. Launch Battle.net
  2. Launch game
  3. Open Task manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
  4. At the bottom right, open the arrow to show hidden icons, right click at small Battle.net icon and chose “Close”
  5. After that in the Taskmanager you could find “Overwatch aplication”
  6. Then open Battle.net again, at launcher you would see “playing now” button
  7. At the Task Manager chose “Overwatch aplication” and End process
  8. Your “Playing now” button switch to “Play”
  9. After go again at the bottom right, open the arrow to show hidden icons, right click at small Battle.net icon and chose “Overwatch”
  10. Repeat until it works and the game will launch normally

From my practice, I will say that you may need up to 12 repetitions of the entire process for this.
Expect the result on 2, 6, 8, 12 attempts.
I don’t know how many times it will take you, but the method is working, it helps me, each time - a different number of attempts, but in the end it always launch teh game.

I hope this helps you like me, so the game will be fixed soon, because I don’t want to spend 5-10 minutes logging into Overwatch 1 with the new monetization system.
Please leave your feedback if it helped or not.

1 Like

nothing its simply broken and they don’t know what they messed up so they dance around it cause they don’t care, I’ve had this issue since overwatch 1 its not new I have never been able to launch overwatch on pc for some reason.

1 Like

I have same issue here

This is the same issue i was having I don’t know if you saw my earlier post about the MSInfo if you look through that in the widows reporting error section it may help you figure out what’s causing the issue last resort or if you want to have a possibility of getting it resolved in 24 hours you can open a ticket and they might be able to help just attach the MSInfo and the other one (i forgot the name) and hopefully they can help you.

1 Like

I finally found a solution that fixed “playing now” issue for me. Prior to this I was only able to launch the game if I set the overwatch.exe to run in windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode but the game didn’t run smoothly.

I’m running Windows 10 and the solution was to install “optional” Windows update KB5017308. I had already updated Windows earlier this week, but I didn’t bother to check if there were more updates after that.

I think I found a fix. If you have had razer synaps or chroma stuff in the past you will want to delete these files.

• C:\Windows\System32\RzChromaSDK64.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzChromaSDK.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzAPIChromaSDK.dll
  • C:\Windows\System32\RzChromaSDK64.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzChromaSDK.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RzAPIChromaSDK.dll

Delete those files ^^^^. If you have them they are from the razer chroma software. This same stuff caused my apex to get crashes all the time