Overwatch will outlive Fortnite and many other games

For everything you said about OW the same can be said about Fortnite though. I agree that Fortnite has no character development while Overwatch does. It was one of OWs biggest selling points as people could identify with a hero while keeping up with a story unraveling every now and then.

On the other hand more people play Fortnite, talk about it, theres more media attention. More people KNOW about Fortnite. The game is purely based on skill (some luck too on loot) and is extremely creative in how you can win, and what resources you use. Overwatch is in the past, yes its still played by loads of people but it peaked ages ago and is on a decline.

Ask people about videos games hell ask grandparents/parents and older mature people theyll know more about Fortnite than Overwatch and thats a fact. OW had its time to shine and they had a good spotlight but blew it. The way OW becomes a conversation piece is revealing a heros sexuality or something negative regarding a streamer or pro player.

World of Warcraft becomes a new game with every expansion and is totally different compared to Overwatch which is painfully slow on updating the game and literally recycles its content every time. Youre a big fan of OW and I applaud you but the game is in no way becoming better in my eyes.

Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, CSS and even HalfLife would all like to have a word with you.

Every aspect of OW is easier than any of it’s comparable counterparts… Even just using TF2 a casual game argues otherwise…

Demoman is harder to play than Junkrat because you get less shots and the nade use a wick instead of still remaining active after it touches the map, Sticky’s have a delay are firing instead of just hitting buttons to detonate junks mine at any time…

Sniper is harder than Widow as you have no mobility (You know the thing that keeps snipers in check), your charge time is 2x that of widow and you can never really take a position without being accessible to everyone, while widow just flies away and takes position that only a small handful of hero’s can get to…

Medic is harder than Mercy as your only mobility is through a specific crappy weapon, you heal for half as much and if you die you lose all of your ult charge.

Huntsman sniper has been nerf (thank god) to the point that it doesn’t get stupid kills as easy as hanzo and has no mobility.

Overwatch, is like a B-B+ in everything other than sound and visuals. I still play and have fun like 50% of the time, but it isn’t as good as you try to make it sound.

1 Like

Certainly OW will outlive Fortnite, like many games will do. (Not hating the game, it will just not live for long)

However, the total additions Fortnite will get until it dies will be more than what OW will get in a few years.

1 Like

I’m not gonna read all of this trash but man do i love and respect that optimism. I therefore grant you the new title of “ultimate hope”

All I hear is the John Williams score of Jurrasic Park. Man, that really is an awesome movie. A classic.

It’s merely a shell of what it used to be.
It might not technically be ‘‘dead’’ in that, the servers aren’t closed.
But there’s so many inactive servers, insanely long waiting times and an empty vast world with few people to interact with. Not to mention how empty your action bar feels.

1 Like

OP, is Teen Wolf still on TV?

Before insulting me calling me little b**** my SR is 800-900 higher than yours so keep your insults and fallacies for yourself.

This post sure haven’t aged well…

Now that we’re in 2019, let’s look at “Blizzard Games Never Die”:

Blizzard under Morhaime would’ve kept all its games alive and active for decades. Because that was a Blizzard that prioritized making great games and prided itself on having fans who enjoy their games.

Activision-Blizzard under J. Allen Brack will cut support for games that aren’t making enough of a profit:

HotS esport --> cut
HotS --> dialed back
Hearthstone esport --> potentially being cut
Diablo 3 --> moved to Classic Games (first time the most recent iteration of a franchise has been made “Classic”)

How times have changed in a short ~6 months…

1 Like

When Blizzard decided to merge with Activision, that is when they signed their death warrant.

Eh, Mike is gone. Blizzard isn’t what they used to be.

For the first time, Blizzard has admitted defeat with regards to HotS and have effectively done the equivalent to abandoning it.

I reckon, with Blizzard 2.0 (aka Blizzard Activision) they’ll scrap Overwatch the moment it’s no longer breaking records. That’s their way of doing things now.

Fortnite, on the other hand, is constantly innovating and it doesn’t require much in the way of balancing like Overwatch does. Plus it’s free to play and it’s on many platforms. On top of that, it doesn’t have Activision breathing down its neck.

Basically, Epic does it right; Blizzard, no longer.

1 Like

Lol I don’t think Blizzard had a say in it. I think it was Vivendi who decided.

wow, times have changed in just a few months… I honestly was just gouging reactions…

This is a troll post