Overwatch vs Fortnite

Fortnite is an oversaturation of a market. Where games like Rust and Ark perfected it, weird zombie clones of the two started popping up everywhere in the pit of horrors that is “early access survival simulators”. Worse, low-grade shooter clones like PUBG popped up out of there too!

Its discouraging and I wish steam would stop supporting trash like it. Even more discouraging that Epic Games is its developer… How did they fall so hard from the glory days of Gears of War and Unreal Tournament?

I’ve never played the PvP but most of my friends do. I suppose it must be good seeing how popular it is, but I’ve just never been one for the free-for-all type of games, so I’ve only played STW exclusively.

You’re asking this on the Overwatch forums, what answers do you expect?

Overwatch and fornite are a totally diferent game

Overwatch Developers dont listen the players but fornite Developers listen the feedback.

1 Like

It’s not an apples to apples comparison. I dislike how all Fortnite’s drops are random, and the building makes combat cheap and stupid. Overwatch has none of those things, and also is a 6v6 game rather than a 100-player battle royale. The games aren’t really comparable.

1 Like

I personally don’t like fortnite’s gameplay as much, mostly the feeling of having no one to back you up and being all by yourself, but also the idea that you don’t get any second chance to change your strategy when you die, no respawn, just straight back to the main menu

Fortnite is overhyped garbage. This isn’t even a competition.

3 Likes

I prefer Realm Royale over both right now tbh.

why not Fortnite vs Realm Royale?

Overwatch is so much better tbh

I don’t think we can compare both games.
But personally, Overwatch is WAAAY better

Fortnite is probably the #1 game in the world right now. I do play Overwatch but I’m also play Fortnite. Both game are actually fun in my eyes. Just stick to your favor.

Both Games are bad but i would still say that Overwatch is better because of the Characters and lore and i would never play Fortnite because i hate it and it annoying me on YT

Overwatch is a good Game but the bad balancing, Toxicity make this Game really bad and about Fortnite ? yeah it is just a Overhyped Game that has stolen elements from other Games and it looks really boring

And yeah the Fortnite hype is more annoying as the Fidget Spinners last year u cant go on YT whitout seeing Fortnite every day. I hv unsubscribe so many Youtubers i has really like just because they are only playing Fortnite now

Overwatch always. Fortnite is boring af imo. Collecting crap around the map is the worst. I preffer OW because it’s always action but honestly it’s totally diferent games, nothing in common except the pew-pew part

Does it, though? One of my first times playing I placed in the top 10 because I got lost and had no clue what I was doing. After a few more games I got third place, despite not really knowing what to do or how to build the towers.

I can kind of see how Fortnite could seem rewarding, but I don’t really think it is. The entire game is just waiting it out as people fall to their death or do stupid things to get themselves killed, and then finally get it down to the final 3 or 2 and have it be nothing but a fort building contest.

2 Likes

Fortnite is more casual and kid friendly while Overwatch is more competitive and slightly less kid friendly (as in one cigar and a small amount of blood unfriendly).

1 Like

Both are the best… Overwatch is the top hero shooter at the moment and Fortenite is the top Battle Royale game at the moment. Both are top in their prospective genres…

Only a little. One can contribute into making their team good too.

You say that Fortnite has stolen elements from other games like Overwatch didn’t do the exact same thing lmao

Overwatch is way better, although Im currently playing Fortnite since I am in Taiwan, and won’t be home for a month.