Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Hope to hear some good news soon. However, looking at how badly Blizzard’s site is performing, I wonder if it still makes sense to support T2…

3 Likes

Yes but this doesn’t matter if none of those hours are counting towards skins, which seems to be the main issue regardless of how many hours are watched.

i was watching owl on youtube and i didnt got my tokens, only me? I was connected

1 Like

I’m having problems with contenders website and I’m wondering if my hours are being counted as there’s no way to monitor our progress…

I watched what must be 15 hours this weekend. Sometimes had both YouTube and overwatchleague.com going just out of desperation. I got 5 points. 5.
Not just you.
It’s not working today either.

Don’t do this as it is more likely to cause problems. Choose one or the other.

Right now, not too many players are reporting problems with OWL tokens, so please work through the troubleshooting steps I have outlined above.

2 Likes

That’s how I got 5 points at the end. I tried everything else first, we need some troubleshooting on the Blizzard and YouTube end, please!
I’ve been trying Chrome and Firefox, YouTube, and the main site. I give it 2-3 hours before trying the next.

Actually, the more I think about this the more it sucks. I said I tried it out of desperation and your answer is, “Choose one or the other.”
This should just work without having to try different platforms. It was working and they broke it this week. I did your troubleshooting and more. I tried on a different PC entirely. I’m blocked. But instead of thinking of something helpful, you latch on to an excuse from my use case to write the situation off, as being on my end. Fail.
I’ve been collecting these points since OWL started, I know what I’m doing and this season it has sucked so bad that this thread indicates which end the problem is on.

OWL tokens are working fine for me. My boyfriend also earned all the tokens this weekend. We are using only youtube. I didn’t receive mercy skin yet, but since the tokens are working I believe they will give us in the next couple of days (Anna also had a delay last month) EDIT: Sorry i didn’t read the date XD It’s only 10-12 June
Don’t be so harsh with WyomingMyst, he has no obligation and yet he is helping us a lot with all the issues.

1 Like

Mercy skin is available next weekend, not now.

5 Likes

Imho, since Mercy has been previously available when OWL was using twitch platform, I don’t understand why they repeat some heroes before makin available those that have not appeared yet.

4 Likes

Just wait until it doesn’t work for one of you and you can’t fix it on your end. It worked for me in the past weeks too. I’m not wishing it on anyone, but there are almost 4000 posts in 6 months. It’s not WyomingMyst’s fault, and I appreciate that someone is trying.

1 Like

no sombra yet :frowning: will keep checking

Just in case it is delayed… but yes, still no Sombra skin for me. Watched all three China matches

4 Likes

Same here. Watched all China’s VOD in English and no skin so far.

No issues with OWL tokens over the week-end though

1 Like

still no sombra either, seems like nobody has gotten them at all. :[ bummer.

this is my first time watching contenders to earn rewards too.

2 Likes

Get used to having technical issues, the reward system is very unstable. Happens every month :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah, no sombra contender skin for me either and I watched all China’s VODs. Luckely we still got some streams to watch next week.

All the OWL streams worked fine for me.

1 Like

will they ever fix their crap? jfc

Unlikely they will. Blizzard do not care about their consumers, hence why the only person representing Blizzard to try and help the community is Wyoming, who isn’t even employed by them. Very sad.

2 Likes