Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Just to be clear can i get it by watching encore too in the first day will it count 4 hours

Yes.

Wyoming Mist we hope you are OK!

I can confirm no Sombra skin after 5 hours of watching Contenders on the website.
Maybe there is a delay or the hours did not register in these first streams.

I am not counting the first broadcast due to all the issues reported. Let’s wait to see what happens later today during the third broadcast.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say - ive watched both China streams on the website - logged in with the green dot and I still have no sombra skin.

same issue :frowning: no skins so far, every month is problem with this :frowning: please blizzard fix it. Billion dollars company, :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :pensive: :frowning_face:

1 Like

Like others have said for broadcasts in the past, not every single minute counts for the adding up of credits, only the matches themselves and not interviews, pauses etc. Adding up the actual match time thus far is probably not 5 hours yet.

We will know for sure during / after today’s stream.

3 Likes

Has it ever been officially confirmed that the preroll / interviews / interludes don’t count? It seems like it would be a lot work in the backend to count match time only. I think it’s just that the system is not 1:1 in counting the hours watched.

I think it would be odd if not everything counted for Contenders, as opposed to the OWL broadcasts were everything counts including the countdown between an Encore and the Watchpoint preshow.

The only time I can remember where they were stringent on drops was when the OWL was on Twitch. Back then they didn’t track hours during Watchpoint pre/post shows and whenever they had extended pauses or production issues.

Let’s just put it this way, complaining that anyone doesn’t have the skin now is not helping. We know there was some amount of technical issues on Wednesday’s broadcast, so I am not considering that a reliable day for hours tracked (even if you successfully logged in). I will be more concerned if no one is reporting earning the Sombra skin after today.

I also will note, we have a lot more opportunities with over 20 hours during the next EU/NA tournament in about a week’s time and with them still only requiring 5 & 10 hours versus 7 & 15. I am hopeful we will not have as many issues month long for most users.

4 Likes

Hey, I hope this is the right place to ask this, but are the encores of the june joust, summer showdown etc. taking place in a different weekend than the tournament weekend? (Or, is there a possability they can take place in a different weekend?) I might not be able to watch any match in the june joust weekend, and I’d hate to miss out on the owl grey skin and spray.

No, encores take place a few hours after each broadcast. Plan accordingly. Remember, watching on the YouTube mobile app works effectively.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a spray reward for watching May Melee for 4 hours? Did anyone actually get the spray?

The spray hasn’t been released yet because they make it after the May Melee. The spray is designed specifically to celebrate the winner of the May Melee, hence there will be some time before it’s gonna be released.

3 Likes

Thank you, did they promise a similar spray for June Joust?

These English vodcasts count? Don’t think I’ve ever watched the Chinese matches

Yes, these VODCasts count towards Contenders rewards.

Contenders China matches are normally broadcast live on Bilibili which do not count.

has anyone ever gotten the sombra skin?

nope , 20 characters

Just checked and not yet. I’ve been tuning in to all eligible broadcasts so far. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t unlock right away.