Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

I already have DVa, mercy, and McCree white and gray OWL skin. So I just get nothing?

3 Likes

Is blizzard just ignoring the issue with the Brig skin? I also did not get the doom skin despite watching all the hours. I am disappointed and frustrated.

5 Likes

Youā€™re missing the point. I have two options for watching; live or recorded.

To watch live, I have to set aside a very specific block of time, and itā€™s not a small one. Nor is it at a time of my choosing. And almost inevitably, I am unable to enjoy watching the matches with friends. And of course, I have to endure the whole thing- I canā€™t skip to the matches, which is what I really like to watch. As a reward for this (and seeing all their sponsorship and ads) Blizzard offers tokens and skins. I consider this a fair trade for the most part.

This tournament howeverā€¦ the only thing that will be on offer for me is the tokens. And I already have tons of those, because Iā€™ve already bought most of the skins I want. The ones I still want, I canā€™t buy (seriously, let me complete my Valiant set Blizz- and no the new ones arenā€™t equivalent).

So why on earth would I bother getting up at 2am to watch the June Joust this weekend? Why would I not simple let it come and go, then watch on YouTube and skip all the non game stuff? I can wait til my nephew is around and watch with him. Or wait for Tuesday when my mates are round to watch a game. We can have some beers and pizza. Itā€™ll be fun.

But no. In someoneā€™s infinite wisdom, they have chosen ALL THREE skins that are already out there. Thereā€™s only what, 11 grey skins released so far? Out of 30 heroes? Weā€™ve seen the others in clips and whatnot. They exist already. What are we going to get for the next event? Widow, Soldier and Hanzo? Followed by Junk, Tracer and Moira? Are we gonna go through everything previously offered before we see something new?

The real kicker here is that if you missed a different skin- the Pink Mercy or a Contenders skin or an old Valiant etc skin? Tough. Too bad. Gone forever. Canā€™t buy them even if you wanted to. I canā€™t buy the stuff I missed. But theyā€™ll give away what I paid for.

Lastly, in what world are these ā€˜exclusiveā€™ skins? Should say ā€˜you will receive a skin some other people got a ways backā€™.

3 Likes

I have a very specific problem with not earning the skins, i previously had no issues unlocking the past months contenders skins, but with these bap and Doom skins, i only unlocked Bap, i only watched two of the last Korean streams to unlock his skins, and now im watching the Contenders French Trials to earn the hours, or at least thatā€™s what the site is telling me, the green dot shows up when i tune up the stream, and i watched more than enough hours to get the Doom skin.

What worries me is when in the contenders or owl site, normally the information that displays when you click your accounts name says this:

%USER_BATTLETAG%

%USER_BATTLETAG_CODE%

%USER_EMAIL%

And when i try to go to account settings or closing my profile, it sends me to this link: https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/contenders/undefined

I followed most of the steps of the troubleshooting guide, cleared my whole cookies, and i even unlinked and relinked the overwatch league site one time, i watch it in a Firefox Browser, Windows 10, the computer its kinda old and slow ngl, but i previously had no problems. I play in both PS4 and Switch (i recieved all the contenders skins on both platforms without any issue). I dont know if thereā€™s a fix or another thing that i should try, if anyone knows pls tell me cuss i really want that Doom skin :pensive:

Afaik, these do not count and streams eligible for Mayā€™s Contenderā€™s skins are already all over (last stream aired over 10 days ago).
As I understand it, the dot only shows that ā€œifā€ there were rewards, you would be eligible.

Not all streams are eligible and if they are, WyomingMist made sure they were highlighted in the 1st or 2nd post.

1 Like

I wanted to confirm how big this issue is, so I went ahead and counted through this forum to gauge the results of who actually got Brigā€™s skin.

Of all the responses from April-May 6 here:
30 Confirmed they received Brig in April
8 Confirmed they received Brig in May
9 Claimed they had not received Brig prior to April 20 with no follow-up, so assuming they received.
3 Others claimed they did not receive Brig after April 20 without follow-up (not counting as received or missed).

7 Reported no Brig skin between April 19 - May 6 and have since followed-up to confirm they still have not received it. 1 of those 7 cases also confirmed they received Brig on their other account.

As noted by WyomingMyst, there hasnā€™t an exceptionally high volume of cases to warrant a systemic problem with the reward, and Iā€™m sure the data he has gathered is probably more accurate than what I read through in this forum:

Personally, I earned the Brig skin on April 2, same time as Beep reported, but I also didnā€™t receive Reinhardtā€™s skin until March 30, despite watching nearly every broadcast.

So it definitely can seem fairly sporadic how rewards fire or if time viewed is being monitored, and with the comments lately in this thread asking again about the missing Brig skins, I wanted to confirm how large the issue is. I hope that adds some clarity.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried this, and seems that i have changed it successfully, but thereā€™s no tokens been credited.

Same. Just be happy you have access to rare skins while so many others donā€™t.

Hey guys, I completely forgot something.

For the May Melee OWL tournament, where we got the Ana Gray Skin (and eventually White), there was suppose to ALSO be a spray?

I watched all of it, got the skins, but I canā€™t find any new spray from May Melee, was this simply forgotten, is it bugged or did I miss anything?

Once you move, make sure to revoke the permissions for ā€œOverwatch League Pageā€ and Google on your account at account.blizzard.com, then go back to either YouTube or OverwatchLeague.com and reconnect your account.

Note you cannot catch up on any missed rewards, only start to earn new ones.

1 Like

The spray is not yet released, please read my announcements on the starting post of the page.

1 Like

This thread is for troubleshooting and keeping track of the promotions.

Players unsatisfied with the offered rewards have to start a thread elsewhere to avoid sidetracking and keeping out toxicity.

thank you :slight_smile:

@WyomingMyst you will update the first post soon? its kind outdated with the mei and the ana skin still there. People can get confused.

I took down all of the announcements as they are all outdatedā€¦ needless to say, there really is not any news to share right now regarding streaming rewards.

1 Like

FYI for the OWL Recall Division I filled a few surveys and so far I got 100 OWL tokens. Which is fair amount for the time invested compared to watching streams xD

I can confirm the same total. 6 Surveys so far, with 2 of them offering 50 OWL tokens each. The 2 that offered tokens both involved input regarding the brand sponsors.

2 Likes

I want to ask about the 6 surveys. Did they inform you to take the survey through email? I only have 2-3 surveys until now and none of them are offering tokens.

2 Likes

For me, my last survey is about the feedback on the May Melee match-ups and broadcast. And this did not offer tokens.

2 Likes

I also didnā€™t get the surveys with rewards, got (and filled in) the other 4 though. Perhaps they release the surveys in batches, but they might also leave me out of the brand one since Iā€™m EU based since I recall people stating with the first one that they hadnā€™t heard of most of the brands at all.

1 Like