Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Noticed the edited “Notice!” about the skins not dropping on the last two broadcasts, which are the only broadcasts I fully “watched”. Pretty sure I have over 10 hours worth of time watched and don’t have Sym’s skins. Please let the fix be soon~ I want me Mercy’s skins when I get the hours, ahaha

4 Likes

agreed. they should do this because it’s their system that bugged, not our machines. i have watched koreans and china vodcast using firefox and i making sure i left the main window on contenders when i left my PC, and no symmetra skin even though i’m sure i already watched more than 7 hours. (the china vodcast is around 5-6 hrs, i think).

i’m not sure even if i watched the rest of this month contenders i can get the mercy skin if the system still bugged.

they should make a timer on their website to show how much time has passed since our last viewing so we can capture screen and show video evidence.

3 Likes

Apparently they are finding that it’s mainly the Chinese and Korean stream not working towards drops from what I found

and apparently those two streams is what i watched in full. FML.

This just makes it even worse.

Even if I go to the effort of getting up at some absurd time, nothing will come of it anyway. All the time I have put in… nothing.

Do Blizzard get that? Tomorrow I can get up at 4am to watch. But why would I do that when I know nothing will come of it? Oh maybe they’ll do some retroactive rewards, but they likely won’t.

That turns this whole fiasco into a massive negative experience- here’s another thing we’re just gonna taunt you with.

3 Likes

make a calendar reminder on your phone

Just because it didn’t drop for you doesn’t mean they can’t see that you’ve fulfilled the watch requirement.

Maybe they can grant the skin to those of us who qualified via a patch, but keep watching JIC.

I’m just glad to find out I wasn’t doing anything wrong

Bro… You not the only one… I started watching streams 2weks ago and still nothing.
FML
High Five

1 Like

No Sym or Mercy skin for me either (UK). I’ve watched every eligible stream so far, adblock entirely disabled, using Chrome. I even put the stream on two devices at once to double check, but still nothing. Blizzard support basically said “nah, we can’t help, because we’re not able to see what you watched or how long for”. Great.

2 Likes

Someone on Instagram said that they disconnected (or un-linked) their battle net account from their xBox, re-linked it, and they had the symmetra skin after previously not having it. I would try this, but I’m not sure if unlinking my battle net from my Xbox will result in any deletion of items, progress lost, or any other negative thing. Has anyone ever tried unlinking, and if so, did you lose anything? I’m just a bit paranoid I guess lol.

Unlinking and relinking the Blizzard account helps refresh any new rewards. For PC players, doing a Password Reset achieves the same effect.

However, for the purposes of getting the Contenders skins, I am not certain this procedure will help.

1 Like

It would be nice for Blizzard to issue a statement and fix what is not working instead of us having to always be doing witch doctor arts to see how one can simply get what they have promised by having to check cookies, change passwords or have to dance on one leg to the beat of the music. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Do you know if there are any known negative “side effects” to unlinking the battle net from Xbox?

I tried it on PC and it didn’t unlock the Mercy Skin for me.
Seems to be a different problem than the OWL Tracer Skin one.

Update: tried to unlink and set it back up again with my battle net and I still don’t have the skin. It’s alright, I’m sure it’ll get figured out eventually. Maybe blizz can just move the sym and mercy skins to another month or something so that people who weren’t able to get it due to no fault of their own have another chance.

2 Likes

Im sorry but i don’t want to watch the 15 Hours again for the same rewards because of a weird bug , they should just put the mercy skin into our accounts if we have the sym skin , for those that didnt get anything they should probably fix their website , it is broken as hell.

2 Likes

I have also watched all the streams and haven’t got any reward yet.
I have made sure to follow all instructions in this post even before I started watching the first stream but nothing.
Hopefully this has been fixed and the remaining streams will last long enough to earn the rest of the skins.

Or if there was indeed a problem, Blizzard should just give out the skins to everyone as they did with Genji and then maybe fix all the issues for the next round of skins in November.

4 Likes

Hey can anyone confirm getting rewards after watching on Microsoft Edge? Because I got the reward today on my other account (same conditions except I watched on Opera) but didn’t get it on this account, and was wondering if anyone got rewards by watching on Microsoft Edge. Also, not sure about the Mercy skin, but those of you who didn’t get the Symmetra skin after watching the 26th Stream for China finals, I recommend you check Hero Gallery once more, I got it today.

Btw your link for . [Only users from certain eligible countries are eligible ] has an extra f at the end.

Can confirm the Symmetra skin also finally appeared for me. (PS4 EU) I watched on Chrome with my phone and had it muted since the China stream happened in the middle of the night for me.

That’s definitely a relief to know I can continue watching the current way and have the drops working. For other people having issues. The terms of this promotion state that it can take up to 48 hours for drops to be added to your account. If you still have nothing after that time then you’re rightfully worried, but otherwise it’s a matter of being patient it seems.

1 Like