Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

The last PvP update video for Overwatch 2 showed some homogenization coming to the game. All heroes get Mercys passive HP reg, all heroes can sprint, and skills arent that important in general (Mei for example can no longer freeze). People are afraid that it will lose its heroshooter flair and just become another teamshooter.

Figured.
This thread is the only one I still visit from the OW forum because of toxic players and trolls that are on 24/7 just about everywhere in the general forum

Hey everyone, there are now reports of getting a straight up 404 error if you go to PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders

To work around this go to Contenders ENGLISH Live Stream Page | Contenders

1 Like

Bastion current form is gone ama dev video said there changing all hero’s.

On the Contenders Website, I’m able to get confirmation that I am signed in on the top right of the page, by clicking on my name and seeing account settings/log out. However, under the video player itself, it gives me the prompt to log in as if I am not already signed in and there is no green circle indicating the video is counting.

That just makes it even worse. Because the reason I paid the money back then to get the pass and bits was because I wanted the skins. That’s what exclusive means- unavailable elsewhere. Hell they’re still claiming they’re exclusive now, which is clearly false.

See I want to finish my old school Valiant set. If Blizz can give away my ‘exclusive’ skins why can’t they let me buy some that were never exclusive?

1 Like

Hey there, is any possibility to add a function of stream timer on the website as for the streaming time could be a liitle bit hard to count and noticed, since some of my Chinese friends are telling me that on Bilibili when they stream the CNOC, people are getting a timer so that they may realize how long does it take for the skin.

Possible - yes. Do I expect the responsible Contenders website team to implement this - no. It took ages to implement a single dot to show if you are eligible for watch time and there are still issues every month, so I don’t expect them to actually add something as ‘complex’ (I’m joking here…) as a timer to show the time watched.

Feels like the only way to get the skins is to write down every stream you watched and overcompensate a LOT do have a chance to get things done because the tech team doesn’t get things done.
I’m basically sure that I can’t count the first stream for me, started it and went to bed, as it started at 3 AM for me in Europe. Given the number of tech issues I read about here I can’t imagine that it worked for me. Still want to have them run, as I don’t trust the tech team to get things working for the start of the second season later in June…

Still missing Brig and Mercy. Its getting frustrating.
Already contacted support and reported it in the bug report forum and here.

1 Like

How come there are no opportunities at the start of this month to earn the baptiste and doomfist contenders skins? Previous months had a few days to be able to earn the previous months skins, even though those months had matches almost every day of the month. However for May, there were only half as many matches or less, on top of people experiencing issues with getting the skins despite watching the correct amount of time. Yet in the beginning of June there is nothing for getting the baptiste and doomfist skins early if you missed them in May.

2 Likes

This has only happened once, and it was for the April rewards for the first matches in May because the matches were rescheduled from April 29/30 to May 3/4, respectively. They were never meant to be May matches that would count toward May rewards.

Logged in with green dot but when I click on the drop down menu on my name I still get:

%USER_BATTLETAG% etc.

Anyone having this happen as well?

It’s been that way for a month or so, seems to just be a visual bug.

1 Like

Hey everyone, updates from the Path to Pro team:

1 Like

Thank you for the update Wyoming! Hope you’re feeling better and get some rest bud!

Ive watched at least 5 hours with the green dot and no Sombra skin. :confused:

watched 5 hours , nothing

I watched about 5 hours of the contenders stream and haven’t received Sombra’s skins

watch 7-8 hours isn’t have rewards

The VODs barely add up to 6 hours, including the intermissions that likely don’t count toward viewership. It’s impossible to have watched more than 7 hours by this point.