Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

Kinda lame that there’s no options for folks who have already “earned” those 3 skins (Earned in quotes because all 3 required a purchase, either of All-Access Pass or Twitch bits). Also strange that it’s only 3 options, down from 4 for the last vote.

Edit: Speculation - Now I’m wondering if Roadhog would have been the 4th option, but they decided to give it to us early knowing those of us with the other 3 would have rallied for him (against the rabid Mercy/D.Va voters). This, to me, seems more likely than the double-Tracer grey skin reward.

5 Likes

Maybe. They might do like double tokens or another reward for people who have gotten the twitch and the all access pass back in 2018 but I doubt it. they could have made it so that players that have earned D.va, Mercy, and Mccree could earn Roadhog after 4hrs of watching. Then others who have earned the most voted skin in the poll, can watch a couple more hours to get the Roadhog skin. I know this might be weird or confusing but it’s just an idea I randomly got lol.

Indeed disappointing. Hopefully they will provide something else to unlock for us folks that already have these skins. Sure, we have had these skins for years, but having no new skin to unlock just seems weird towards your fans that stuck with you since the start of OWL.

I would be ok with it if they provide compensation skins, but I doubt it’s Roadhog in advance for us. Because if they do end up giving compensation skins then there should be two at the time of June Joust, one for Tracer and one for June Joust imho.

4 Likes

Why on earth are they offering skins that are already out there? I paid cash for my All Access Pass and bits to get those rewards. I cannot say I am at all happy being ‘incentivised’ to watch with things I’ve already paid cash for.

“Ah I see you were enough of fan to pay cash back then, and you’ve been a fan all this time. For you we have… nothing.

4 Likes

The pass also gave you access to a bunch of exclusive content that regular viewers could not enjoy and also an exclusive player icon and spray (which are still not available otherwise afaik).

Skins were only a small part of what the pass offered and worse case scenario, you still had 3 years of exclusivity on these skins… not too shabby!

Well, the only skin from the Pass that is being considered is the McCree skin, and it doesn’t look like he’s gonna win the vote. Full details of what was included in the pass can be found in another WyomingMyst post. I actually forgot the spray/player icon were exclusive to the Pass. I thought they were there for anyone who viewed during the season.

Regardless, any viewers, even without the pass, were still able to earn the Mercy skin (1300 bits) and D.Va skin (1800 bits - 12 separate “cheers” for 150 each).

It’s a real bummer that so far 2 of the 3 stream reward skins are re-releases.

There are plenty of OWL Gray skins that nobody got so far. Why not release those instead? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Nope, they seem completely intent on ignoring the issues with the Brig skin altogether, not for lack of some of us here trying to get the issue acknowledged repeatedly. Very cool.

1 Like

Tweeted about this @ overwatchpathtopro, but just to be safe - as far as I can see there are no more Contenders streams scheduled for May, and I only managed to watch a few hours at the start of the month due to work scheduling. China is live today and tomorrow but no drops there - I’ve missed none of the previous OW skins and would hate to miss out on Baptiste and Doomfist, are there plans to make the first days of June count for May as well? Pretty please??

3 Likes

Seconding this, having so few stream and at such inconvenient times when most people are asleep. I myself work at 3am right when the last few streams started, just my luck I guess. I’ve collected every single skin in the game so far but the Doomfist skin managed to elude me. :<

3 Likes

I already have DVa, mercy, and McCree white and gray OWL skin. So I just get nothing?

3 Likes

Is blizzard just ignoring the issue with the Brig skin? I also did not get the doom skin despite watching all the hours. I am disappointed and frustrated.

5 Likes

You’re missing the point. I have two options for watching; live or recorded.

To watch live, I have to set aside a very specific block of time, and it’s not a small one. Nor is it at a time of my choosing. And almost inevitably, I am unable to enjoy watching the matches with friends. And of course, I have to endure the whole thing- I can’t skip to the matches, which is what I really like to watch. As a reward for this (and seeing all their sponsorship and ads) Blizzard offers tokens and skins. I consider this a fair trade for the most part.

This tournament however… the only thing that will be on offer for me is the tokens. And I already have tons of those, because I’ve already bought most of the skins I want. The ones I still want, I can’t buy (seriously, let me complete my Valiant set Blizz- and no the new ones aren’t equivalent).

So why on earth would I bother getting up at 2am to watch the June Joust this weekend? Why would I not simple let it come and go, then watch on YouTube and skip all the non game stuff? I can wait til my nephew is around and watch with him. Or wait for Tuesday when my mates are round to watch a game. We can have some beers and pizza. It’ll be fun.

But no. In someone’s infinite wisdom, they have chosen ALL THREE skins that are already out there. There’s only what, 11 grey skins released so far? Out of 30 heroes? We’ve seen the others in clips and whatnot. They exist already. What are we going to get for the next event? Widow, Soldier and Hanzo? Followed by Junk, Tracer and Moira? Are we gonna go through everything previously offered before we see something new?

The real kicker here is that if you missed a different skin- the Pink Mercy or a Contenders skin or an old Valiant etc skin? Tough. Too bad. Gone forever. Can’t buy them even if you wanted to. I can’t buy the stuff I missed. But they’ll give away what I paid for.

Lastly, in what world are these ‘exclusive’ skins? Should say ‘you will receive a skin some other people got a ways back’.

3 Likes

I have a very specific problem with not earning the skins, i previously had no issues unlocking the past months contenders skins, but with these bap and Doom skins, i only unlocked Bap, i only watched two of the last Korean streams to unlock his skins, and now im watching the Contenders French Trials to earn the hours, or at least that’s what the site is telling me, the green dot shows up when i tune up the stream, and i watched more than enough hours to get the Doom skin.

What worries me is when in the contenders or owl site, normally the information that displays when you click your accounts name says this:

%USER_BATTLETAG%

%USER_BATTLETAG_CODE%

%USER_EMAIL%

And when i try to go to account settings or closing my profile, it sends me to this link: https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/contenders/undefined

I followed most of the steps of the troubleshooting guide, cleared my whole cookies, and i even unlinked and relinked the overwatch league site one time, i watch it in a Firefox Browser, Windows 10, the computer its kinda old and slow ngl, but i previously had no problems. I play in both PS4 and Switch (i recieved all the contenders skins on both platforms without any issue). I dont know if there’s a fix or another thing that i should try, if anyone knows pls tell me cuss i really want that Doom skin :pensive:

Afaik, these do not count and streams eligible for May’s Contender’s skins are already all over (last stream aired over 10 days ago).
As I understand it, the dot only shows that “if” there were rewards, you would be eligible.

Not all streams are eligible and if they are, WyomingMist made sure they were highlighted in the 1st or 2nd post.

1 Like

I wanted to confirm how big this issue is, so I went ahead and counted through this forum to gauge the results of who actually got Brig’s skin.

Of all the responses from April-May 6 here:
30 Confirmed they received Brig in April
8 Confirmed they received Brig in May
9 Claimed they had not received Brig prior to April 20 with no follow-up, so assuming they received.
3 Others claimed they did not receive Brig after April 20 without follow-up (not counting as received or missed).

7 Reported no Brig skin between April 19 - May 6 and have since followed-up to confirm they still have not received it. 1 of those 7 cases also confirmed they received Brig on their other account.

As noted by WyomingMyst, there hasn’t an exceptionally high volume of cases to warrant a systemic problem with the reward, and I’m sure the data he has gathered is probably more accurate than what I read through in this forum:

Personally, I earned the Brig skin on April 2, same time as Beep reported, but I also didn’t receive Reinhardt’s skin until March 30, despite watching nearly every broadcast.

So it definitely can seem fairly sporadic how rewards fire or if time viewed is being monitored, and with the comments lately in this thread asking again about the missing Brig skins, I wanted to confirm how large the issue is. I hope that adds some clarity.

2 Likes

I’ve tried this, and seems that i have changed it successfully, but there’s no tokens been credited.

Same. Just be happy you have access to rare skins while so many others don’t.

Hey guys, I completely forgot something.

For the May Melee OWL tournament, where we got the Ana Gray Skin (and eventually White), there was suppose to ALSO be a spray?

I watched all of it, got the skins, but I can’t find any new spray from May Melee, was this simply forgotten, is it bugged or did I miss anything?

Once you move, make sure to revoke the permissions for “Overwatch League Page” and Google on your account at account.blizzard.com, then go back to either YouTube or OverwatchLeague.com and reconnect your account.

Note you cannot catch up on any missed rewards, only start to earn new ones.

1 Like