Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED

You only get Contenders skins by watching Contenders matches - no OWL tokens. Currently, you can only earn Contenders rewards by watching Contenders matches using the official website while logged in with the YouTube video embedded (look for the Green Dot).

Currently, the ā€œRewards/Connectedā€ button should only be visible during OWL broadcasts and will reward OWL tokens.

1 Like

The Contenders will only drop the Bastion and Rein skin. However this past weekend we were receiving tokens for the 6 hour Tournament which would have netted you 30 tokens if you were lucky.

1 Like

Thank You guys, the tokens mustā€™ve been from the Exp Card tourney, the second day was just delayed like Wyoming said. Checked my skins and I have the Bastion one, youā€™ve confirmed everything I thought and hopefully this system will be smooth for the upcoming OWL season as well :slight_smile:

I am getting a bit worried hereā€¦

I had bastion skin (3 hours) before Monday. Since then I have watched: 4 hours NA, 30min Korea and 3 hours Europe and onto 1.5 hours NA. That is over an hour over 10 hours. Plus I think I had 4 or 5 hours prior. I have had green dot the whole time. Why donā€™t I have my Rein skin yet?

2 Likes

same with meā€¦ ive watched about 13 hours and still dont have the rein skinā€¦ green dot the entire timeā€¦ blizzard is really implementing this in a very bad wayā€¦

1 Like

As a friendly reminder to everyone, with time running out (and only 2 broadcasts remaining) I recommend making sure that if you think you have earned enough hours to get the Reinhardt skin but are short, to quickly try the following steps:

If you are a console player, verify that your BattleNet account is linked with your Console Account If necessary, unlink and relink your account.

Clear out your web cookies:

1. Please right-click the :lock: icon next to the URL of the website.
  2. Click Cookies
  3. A list of web cookies will be shown, click each cookie and select remove
  4. Press Ctrl+F5 to do a hard refresh of the page
  5. Sign back into OverwatchLeague.com with your Blizzard Account
  6. Continue to watch the stream

If you use any Adblocking plugins or software, please disable it entirely for the duration of the broadcast (donā€™t just provide an exemption to the site).

Make sure that overwatchleague.com/en-us/contenders/ is not muted in Google Chrome. Open a tab and navigate to overwatchleague.com/en-us/contenders/, then right-click the tab of the site on the title bar of the window, in the pop-up menu, if it says ā€œUnmute Siteā€ click it to unmute the site.

Try watching the stream on a different web browser. Preferably a desktop computer web browser.

Make sure that overwatchleague.com/en-us/contenders/ is not blocked for notifications in Google Chrome. (Check Settings > Content > Notifications).

Additional troubleshooting available in the starting post.

1 Like

I have done all of this. Hopefully I get it tomorrow.

Is Korea going to count as well?

All regions short of China count, but there are no more Korea matches on the schedule for the month of March.

yeah ive also been very careful to make sure i do every step each time i stream. its so frustrating. I opened a support ticket. anyway I want to thank you Wyoming for trying to help us all. I know you have a life outside of the forums but I cant thank you enough for responding and trying to help us with everything. Youre really awesome!

A family member of mine has gotten the rein skin. Would it be a better for me to log them out and log me in to their computer instead of using my own computer?

If you wish. That might work better.

Did anyone have the Reinhard skin dropped in the last 7 days? For sure I watched more then the required hours. Took all the trouble shoot steps.

1 Like

Watched more than 20h and no rein skin for me. I followed all the troubleshooting points and nothing!

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ Iā€™m a little worried as well, pretty sure Iā€™m over 10 hours and no rein yet. I use edge, unmuted in a separate window etc. etc. I know Iā€™m doing the right stuff. Hopefully tomorrow pushes me over.

Pretty frustrating because a few of the matches I had the time to view the website was getting that 404 error so I gave up. Guess Iā€™ll leave this one up to the Overwatch gods, if I get it, I get it.

Definitely done over the 10 hours for the Reinhardt skin, but itā€™s still not showing up. I must be doing things right because the Bastion skin turned up after the first 3 hours on Mondays games

I know of 2 people who got the Rein skin yesterday.

Iā€™ve not seen where the April skins have been announced, but will watching the initial April streams give me credit toward those?

Chrome usually works for me and the Rein skin came in the day after I logged over 25 hours. I would advise watching it on the main Contender site and clear all the history and cache in Chrome. Close Chrome and launch it again.

If youā€™re still have troubles, I would screenshot your account being linked, screenshot the green dot, and the time and day of the match and submit a ticket.

Same for me, I had no problems getting the Bastion skin 2-3 days ago, been watching every stream since (pretty much 20+hours) and havent unlocked the Rein one, tried everything, even a different computer.
Hope I get it in the next 5 hours of stream left

1 Like

No Rein skin for me, still.
:frowning_face: