Overwatch Server regions seem to have had a hidden change, because my matchmaking connectivity is effected

So I have had a sudden change in connectivity with the server I have always been using. I have always been using Americas, and I live in New Zealand. I have always been connected to people in New Zealand or Australia. But suddenly I have been only connecting to people in the States. Can someone tell me why there is this very sudden change? Did they change the way the servers are set up?
So due to this sudden change, I experience a lot of lag, something that effects my ability to play fairly. I have not had this issue until now.
To put it simply, I am from New Zealand, and for the last 3 years connect to other New Zealanders, or sometimes Australians, and now I suddenly connect to people who are in the States in matchmaking games.
Is this a settings issue I am unaware of that has been added in or?

it seems the aus servers have gone down (its happening to almost everyone in oce) for the last like 2 days now

1 Like

Okay, that seems to make sense.

Here’s a main thread of people talking about this issue if you’d like to keep updated.

1 Like

Thanks. Will read up on it.