Overwatch on Nintendo Switch next year?

Do you think that’s one of the big things they could be working on?

Also if it don’t come with Wario Torbjörn, Waluigi Moira, Princess Peach Mercy and Pikachu Hammond in a Pokéball Wrecking Ball for skins then Ima be mad :frowning:

1 Like

i was thinking wario roadhog could work even if wario is much shorter than roadhog, they are similar kinds of characters

3 Likes

I’d be down for that, or even Bowser! :smiley:

1 Like

Let’s hope not. They still have far too many problems with the game on the platforms they currently offer it on. Maybe we’ll finally get clans/guilds, scoreboards, or authenticated/verified competitive accounts.

1 Like

Officially here is the last few comments for about Overwatch showing up on Switch:

Source: Blizzard Still Open To the Idea of ‘Overwatch’ On Nintendo Switch

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5yj2zk/ama_request_jeff_kaplan/dew8wlb

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. Soon we either have OverSwitch or Overphone.

like that’s gonna fix most of the problems in that mode

I heard someone in Blizzard had actually gave them the task of making it for the Switch but it was up to Team 4 if they acted upon it or not. I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed that they are :crossed_fingers:

Source of this information?

h ttps://www.cnet.com/news/blizzard-admits-overwatch-is-a-possibility-for-nintendo-switch/

Second paragraph :smiley:

Thank you for providing the source. Yeah, Diablo III is a very friendly game to port in both user interface and technology, so that is why he said that, however he not give a response that leans either way.

Going to 190th this one for now.

Overwatch with a D-pad and stylus sounds like agony.

2 Likes

"In an exclusive follow-up interview with Express Online, Kaplan said that Blizzard would have to “revisit performance” to make Overwatch run on Nintendo Switch.

“I think the problem is, we’ve really targeted our min spec in a way that we would have to revisit performance and how to get on that platform,” he said.

“And also, it’s already challenging right now maintaining three platforms and patching simultaneously, which is something that we’ve finally been able to achieve.”

Kaplan said that he was proud of his team for being able to patch simultaneously, and that a Nintendo Switch port would make that difficult." - July 2017

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/823817/Overwatch-Nintendo-Switch-news-update-stream-Rainway

They may still be open to it, but it would take a lot of work to make it happen, so I wouldn’t count on it unless they reworked most of the game.

Look forward to one of the most low res titles of the year then.

It’s really amazing how little tech knowledge there is on this forum.

As a Switch owner I hope not. This isn’t something I would purchase for Switch after spending so long with it on PS4/PC. I also think it will be an inferior version that wouldn’t be as fun to play in handheld mode or docked on Switch.

If they’re working on something “big” I want it to be more content for the game not more ways of playing what we already have because having the same events with the same modes has become increasingly stale this year. Something needs to change.

Would be nice to open it up to more players, but it is not something I would get. I prefer mouse for aiming in games like OW and Paladins, and I already have Splatoon 2 on the Switch.

If they do a Switch port, I hope that they add in gyro functionality; Paladins (and I think Fortnite) lacked that and thus made aiming far more awkward.

1 Like

How many “Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch?” topics did we already have? I am sure that is more than 10…

Then we could get an Overwatch hero in Smash Ultimate.

1 Like