Overwatch on Netflix?

Imagine watching an Overwatch mini series on Netflix and then you can seamlessly hop into the actual game?!

How cool would that be?

Apparently Netflix is now testing cloud game streaming for selected subscribers…

One line that stood out to me in the recent developer update was this…

Our goal with Overwatch 2 has been to make the game more accessible than ever for more people than ever before.

Game streaming has the potential to democratize access to games for millions more players…

But the recent shut down of NWare just goes to show how unforgiving this industry is and we need to support any new entrant in this nascent and fast growing market…

Someone managed to get OW2 running on GFN as well and it runs perfectly!

:astonished:

1 Like

I don’t need more invasive ads.

I barely even watch Youtube anymore since the ads are so aggressive.

From every 5 minutes 2 ads to every 3 minutes for 3 ads.

And they always get my region wrong.

Sue Youtube for these distruptive, disturbing, invasive, deceptive, predatory, manipulative advertising.

I have seen more gambling ads then anyone person should see in their entire lifetime that I swear would put a Vegas lobby to shame.

Shame on you YOUTUBE. Down with ads!

1 Like

Adblock = what are ads?

3 Likes

The ads that play before a video? Its built in…not a pop up.

Unless they updated adblockers to block those Youtube ads.

1 Like

I don’t see any ads using adblock.

2 Likes

Wow so they updated the adblockers.

Just researched.

As an “advid” fab of Overwatch my adblocker was outdated. So I had years of nonupdated adblocker for reasons.

1 Like

I use ublock and no ads. However the future of it seems distributing when i read this.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/29/23778879/youtube-videos-disabling-ad-blockers-detection

1 Like

I mean, I dont think youtube is actually going to do it, they seem to be really pushing their premium plan (which if you watch youtube enough for ads to be that annoying, why not?)
Though I think OP is talking about sponsors that youtubers do, like for instance, scishow having an advertisement for brilliant or Squarespace. you know… things you can skip if you arent interested in
like, youtube needs to bring in money period because of all the server space the site takes, think about it. How many videos are uploaded daily, sure there is probably ways to compress it, but it needs to be there
But thats me ranting so im sorry

They’ll probably just turn it into another cash grab.