Overwatch on iPad?

Disappointing. I need an iPad for my job, and I move around a lot. I really don’t want to be carrying around multiple large computers, especially to places where sand can get into my keyboard or i might drop it into water or on concrete. I guess it’s a pretty niche scenario :frowning:

1 Like

E-sport and I-pad don’t really go together

1 Like

I thought the same, and if you told me a year ago that games like pubg or fortnight would be available on phones, I would have probably thought it was a joke

Every time I hear iPad I remember "wHaT’s a CoMpUtEr? :rofl: funniest commercial ever

Now that we have a Switch port out, surely Blizzard could release Overwatch for the far more powerful Ipad Pro as well?

Fortnite is arguably more resource intensive and runs (and plays!) nicely at 60fps these days.

NECROBUMP!!

Please be mindful of the date of the last post on a thread before posting.

1 Like

Its the mobile version ive been wanting, plus it would run way better than the switch version does

2 Likes

Competetive on Switch made me laugh yesterday. Now I’m imagining comp on iPad and it makes me chuckle even more.

But seriously, no. I highly doubt you will get Overwatch on iPad. Don’t people already complain on how it is on Mac? Why would it be any better on iPad?

Edit: what on earth, I did not see this was from 2018 and why is this thread alive

Its not on mac, and ipads have native support for xbox and ps4 controllers. Not to mention the a12x chip would give us xbox one level performance with the upcoming a13x stomping that even further

It’s not released on Mac, no, but you can still go around and get Overwatch using Bootcamp,

Ok? The ipad pro still beats most macs in the graphics department. Just because it runs bad on macs with integrated graphics doesnt mean it would run bad on an ipad

I’m just saying that Blizzard stated they would never release OW on Mac, so why on earth would they then release it on another Apple product? Rather have it actually come to Mac, than ignore them and let them have their bad solution, and release it on a bloody iPad.

It would do way better on ios devices than on mac.

Fun fact, i live in asia where mobile dominates and computers in ones home are rare. Making it for ios devices would open a much larger audience to the game compared to mac.

Not to mention the pro models have 120hz screens so that combined with a controller and a super powerful a13x chip and you would have the best non-pc overwatch experience.

Competitive works really well with Fortnite mobile. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work with Overwatch.

I know it’s an old thread, but the question is still relevant. Why should there be need to open new thread, if old one exists and there is new development to support further discussion? As the new Ipad Pro’s are so powerful, they could easily run Overwatch at 60fps.

coming soon … OW the board game! Or a PnP version :wink:

I’m not sying comp OW wouldn’t work on iPad, I just find it funny imagining cups/tournaments and people come bring their iPads. It’s just weird to me.

I didn’t post “simply to bump” the thread. I added some facts to the discussion. I’d like to continue discussing this subject. Do you want me to create a new thread or can we use this one?

even if you could i dont get why you would wanna gaming should be an experience not just a distraction atleast it should strive to be an experience over a distraction.

Not sure why you say that? Have you played Fortnite on the newest Ipad Pro’s? It’s a good experience. 60fps with nice graphics and responsive controls either using the touch screen or actual controller.

It’s a very good option for playing on the go or on the couch etc. The 12,9" screen is also quite nice.

No because Apple are the devil and Fortnite can burn in the deepest levels of hell