Overwatch on iPad?

New ipads are out. Supposedly console grade graphics, comparable to Xbox. Any chance of this happening? Overwatch is not that graphically demanding, and bliz has been pretty good with apple support in the past.

This is literally going to decide if I get a gaming laptop or a new iPad.

1 Like

This is not happening I can guarantee that

11 Likes

I doubt it theres not a demand for games on ipad

1 Like

Just get the laptop.

1 Like

When you want to devolve from joysticks.

4 Likes

Controls on PC would definitely be better than iPad either way.

Trust me. I’ve tried playing console games and PC games on mobile. (Hint hint: It’s hard to play.)

I was thinking along the lines of a blue tooth mouse. I’ve already lost my fine tune thumbstick capabilities to the benefits of having a mouse

100% not happening

I can guarantee it

Reasoning behind that being?

They won’t even port it to the Switch, no way it’ll come to ipads lol

1 Like

You would have more chance on getting a switch port than an iPad port.

(Considering the Diablo 3 release I’m thinking overwatch on switch might be a 50/50 chance. Hell if they properly worked in the motion control aiming I’d be tempted to grab a switch copy.)

More and more games are going to mobile platforms. Apple is trying to market their iPad as a laptop replacement, bliz wants to remain relevant and overwatch as a top esport. Seems like a win win

They aren’t porting it to Linux, no chance of the iPad. Heck, there isn’t even a port to Mac.

For every patch, they need to do a QA for each platform. So that’s already PC, Xbox, and PS. They likely won’t put it on another platform like Nintendo or Linux.

Wow is on apple, Diablo is coming to switch. The only real distinctions between what you listed is mouse control vs game pad. If they could settle on one or the other for an iPad version (preferably mouse) I don’t see extra effort needed for balancing

Edit: I suppose they would have to come out with a version that didn’t require any peripherals, maybe that would suck…

Just because a Blizzard game is on Apple, doesn’t mean all games can be too. Besides, WoW and Overwatch are completely different games that have unique libraries and code. What works for WoW might not for Overwatch.

I’m not trying to argue with you, nor am I dissuading you from trying to get a port to iPad. I’m just saying it likely won’t happen.

Disappointing. I need an iPad for my job, and I move around a lot. I really don’t want to be carrying around multiple large computers, especially to places where sand can get into my keyboard or i might drop it into water or on concrete. I guess it’s a pretty niche scenario :frowning:

1 Like

E-sport and I-pad don’t really go together

1 Like

I thought the same, and if you told me a year ago that games like pubg or fortnight would be available on phones, I would have probably thought it was a joke

Every time I hear iPad I remember "wHaT’s a CoMpUtEr? :rofl: funniest commercial ever

Now that we have a Switch port out, surely Blizzard could release Overwatch for the far more powerful Ipad Pro as well?

Fortnite is arguably more resource intensive and runs (and plays!) nicely at 60fps these days.