Overwatch mic muted but mic on (PS4)

Need Help!! I’m on ps4 and my mic works for every other game but overwatch, went to check my social and the mic on the right side of my username is crossed off even if my group chat mic is on.

Went to check opt/setting to default and nothing has worked.

I’ve heard of chat ban but i didn’t get a report message and rarely talk except for comp (and I’m always friendly) it just started suddenly showing up like that, I can’t see other ppl talking or myself and I can’t see who joined chat or myself joining. Please help or tell me what it is I’m so confused!?

1 Like

Omg, I’ve been having the same issue for a little over a week! I tried resetting the options to default but that didn’t work. Hope someone managed to work it out

I’ve been having this issue roughly since the Summer Games update. It was working for a day into the event but I suddenly noticed a surprising lack of voices (even for PS4) and checked my social tab and I’m seeing the same crossed out mic symbol as you. I haven’t gotten notified of a chat ban.
I’m scared to play ANY competitive with this bug being in effect as team chat is essential to that version of the game.

Actually, now that I think about it, it seems that every Summer Games this bug pops up. Researching the topic lead me to multiple OLD videos that took place in previous Summer Games events. I’m not sure why the summer event seems to cause this but hopefully Blizzard notices your thread.

Oh wow yeah I didnt realize the problem has been only happening since the Summer Games event began, you’re right about that! Yup, competitive really sucks when you can’t hear anyone.

1 Like

I’m getting this too and it’s frustrating. I really want to play comp, but I refuse to do so with this issue present.

I want to play comp but I’m not able Bc of this glitch is just stressful that I’m not able to join team chat Bc that is like a very important thing to competitive in order to win.

Same thing every since the last update. I know my headset works in all other games except Overwatch. Please fix soon.

I am having the exact same issue and its not just with my account, its the same with all accounts on the ps4 that i try to play overwatch with. I have not been silenced because there has been no notification in the bottom of my screen telling me so. This bug us very frustrating to play comp with! Please fix soon :frowning:

I just started playing on PS4 in around August and my account was muted before I’ve even played a single game. This bug is still alive and well and I just worked up to level 25 for no reason since there’s no point to playing competitive with this bug. Is there a fix for this yet?