Overwatch League Tokens not showing up

Rather than making a new topic, just gonna bump this one.

I’m from the EU, part of the participating countries, having watched the entirety of the Lucio Ball OWL event yesterday on overwatchleague.com using FireFox, adblocker disabled for that website only, and have yet to receive any tokens. I do not have a Twitch account, but nowhere does it state that you need one. I’ve been watching in full screen for the ending of each game, and been alt tabbing back and forth during the matches and the stuff before/after each match to chat with people, etc.

Pretty sure that covers all the related info. Recommendations to fix it? Or do I just need to wait longer than 12 hours?

Actually, it is stated. You do need a twitch account, and you need it to be linked to your BNet account, and though it says otherwise, it appears you need it even if you are watching through OWL’s own website, since it uses an embeded twitch player.

Disregarding that, though, truth is, in my personal experience, that watching via overwatchleage site will fail to provide you with your tokens

1 Like

New season, and the token problems already started. Watched the whole stream yesterday, almost 4 hours in now, and I only got three tokens (now they are supposed to be 3 tokens/hour, allegedly to fix this issue, but it’s not happening). That means that, according to this system, 6? hours yesterday + 4 hours today = 1 hour

Edit: Watching on both twitch.tv and OWL mobile app at the same time. Almost 6 hour in, still no tokens. GG, Blizz

1 Like

Same here, Watched 6 hours yesterday and 8 hours today. Not a single token drop. I dont understand? Im linked on everything, watching on twitch app.

Ok, first three tokens at 7:40 pm PST. Almost 8 hours in, I’m granted the tokens I should’ve gotten at 1 pm PST

EDIT: Ended up getting 12 almost together. Better, but still only half of what I was supposed to get

Same here for me. Watched all matches yesterday in the launcher. Not a single Token.

Once again, watched from the very second it started, I watched until the very end and only got 6 tokens (worth 2 hours opposed to the actual 7 or so hours I actually watched)

Today I got the first two drops 6 hours in, and that was it. 6 tokens again.

Ok, now I got 2 tokens, how is that even possible???

I watched yesterday and today and still got no tokens for it. About 10-11 hours. I am following the instructions. My accounts are linked. I do not use any blocker. The tab is always opened, most of the time in fullscreen. I do not understand…

Okay so i watched 4 last games of stage 2 and only got 100 for 1 game so what is going on really ?? Watched all of these hours for nothing ?

Me too ! i watched a LOT now i think about 4 hours and i still did not receive ONE token ! What is going on ?

TechsyHD,

There are known issues today, please follow my topic here for the latest updates. Also be mindful to not necrobump older posts.

So I’ve been using Twitch’s app on my Apple TV and have been watching almost the entirety of stage 3 so far and have earn no OWL Tokens I’ve verified that my Twitch account is linked to my Blizzard account, but still nothing fixes it.

I have posted on a different thread regarding not receiving OWL tokens while watching the All-Stars event last month. I watched the games on the OWL website - which seems to be a common thread. However, prior to the All-Stars event I had no issue earning tokens on the OWL website (overwatchleague.com) with only one exception where there was a delay that resolved overnight.

Since then, I have watched the OWL games through Twitch and have had no issues. It would be cool if they made the All-Star skins available again as I was unable to purchase (stuck at 184 tokens) due to the issue with the OWL website.

Is it really still not fixed?!? Cause I’m having the same problem. I linked my Xbox acc to my Blizzard acc and I’ve been watching on the owl app. whats going on?

Tokens have been reported to be working for a high-majority of our community. Please note, I don’t track this thread for OWL token issues (as it is not a bug report type of problem but an issue with the streaming promotion for certain users). Please take the time to review my troubleshooting guide and post there if you need more help:

Yep, it’s not been fixed yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and as said, OWL Token issues are not considered a bug, and nobody tales care of issues with the streaming promotion for “certain users”

Same here. I have watched over 10 hours on the website. I am going to try on Twitch but idk if it will work either…

Ok i just went to check on Twitch and i am confused. On the website it tells me they are live but on Twitch not!?!? Maybe this is the problem?
But it also says it is live on Overwatch so idk