Overwatch league shop

Can we start getting the overwatch 1 version skins available for purchase? Also we need skins like thunder doom to come back. Been too long. Also re-release inferno junkrat

4 Likes

Great skin. Especially with gold weapon

1 Like

The current OWL Shop shows it’s rotating out with the midseason patch next Tuesday. We likely won’t have the OW2 OWL skins available after that, let alone the OW1 OWL skins.

Inferno Junkrat is one of the 48 OW1 Event weekly challenge skins, of which, they have already re-released 27 of them in the OW2 shop. Expect Inferno Junkrat around Halloween time for 800-1200 coins, and may or may not include the spray and player icon that were also a part of the same week’s promotional challenges.

1 Like

We know this how? I’m not saying ur wrong, I just want confirmation.

1 Like

Next week the league shop rotates so I expect everything to be available then

1 Like

Yeah, we need info on this. I’m not willing to spend anything until I understand their availability. Gotta know what’s leaving and when. I loved OWL and want some keepsakes.

1 Like

Would be interesting, they might be locked in license hell like mercy pink skin, cause weren’t those skins suppose to subsidize the teams that are non existent now? Just a speculation, but then blizzard would rather fomo than to let all skins be available whenever people want them…

It’s the first time I’ve see the “Store Refresh in X Days” for the “Team Store” segment of the OWL Shop.

I also want it. I tweeted to their account yesterday, but haven’t seen or heard anything from an official source yet:

I felt that way about the 2018 OWL skins, but never saw anything from their official sources beyond reposting the new stuff showing up. I figured without them saying anything about the old colorways going away, that they’d keep both available.

It was only after they were removed from the shop that I saw the forum MVP had made a post regarding the soon-to-be locked skins. It would have been nice if at any point after that, they do some sort of vault for “vintage jerseys” for those 3 teams, like how they made all of the other All Star and tournament skins temporarily available again.

Edit: I do feel like there needs to be some sort of announcement, as it’s unclear if OWL tokens are going away with the introduction of a new OWE viewership incentive currency.

If everything that can be bought with OWL tokens is rotating out, it’d be pretty scummy to have them also make the OWL tokens worthless for anyone banking tokens, but I couldn’t see them converting OWL to OWE for the sake they are technically separate entities, which would mean having to honor currency earned/purchased from a different entity; like using a Twitch gift card to purchase an audiobook from Audible.

1 Like

Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong. I remember seeing an overwatch league ana reskin in the regular shop. I hope that’s not the route they plan on going on.

They haven’t done any recolors of OWL skins for the regular shop for anyone, not sure which skin you saw instead either.

Unlikely. Even the OW2 versions will probably be gone soon.

1 Like

I thought the Ana Blackbeard skin was an owl skin recolor. Idk, I don’t keep track of ana skins since I personally think the character is boring.

Ana’s ‘Blackbraid’ skin was a recolor of Ana’s ‘Corsair’ skin, which is a Halloween event skin from 2017.

Ana’s only OWL legendary skin is ‘Haroeris’ from the 2021 Summer Showdown, of which there has been no recolor.

2 Likes

Yea I need those OW1 originals. Especially for Echo, the golden weapon designs just look cleaner

1 Like